Professional Liability Insurance...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The variation in cost from one plan to another is perhaps $200.00 per year or less. Coverage is in the millions of dollars. There is more than one option, but when getting insurance look at "hidden costs:" is there a deductible, and how much is it? Does the policy pay costs of defense (lawyer fees) ? Do they have experience and a broad enough base of insureds to stay solvent and actually pay claims? Is the policy limited to working at one location or with one shop or boat, or is it for everywhere? I think all dive professionals should be insured. I think going with a lesser company to save ten dollars a month is not always wise. I have carried VandB and Willis. I review policies from time to time for answers to my questions. Each buyer will have their own priorities. Just go with an establiched reputable company.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom