Property Taxes Hamper Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnj1233

Contributor
Reaction score
My assessment just went up $81,000.00 on my home. My taxes are now $5,000+ per year. This is two trips I could take!!!!! When will this madness end.

No sympathy here...Ill trade tax bills with you?
Steer clear of California!

We are getting hammered here in Charleston SC too. My property tax bill increased 77% in one year!!!!!!!!! Paying rent to the govt to allow me to own property.

We have transitioned from an alloidial state to a feudal one. (Alloidial is the word of the day!)

FL's taxes are no hayride now that property prices have gone up 42% in a year. Then there is property insurance if you can get it. Everything else is going up exponentially to pay for 'rebuilding' after the 'canes this year and last to.

In California property taxes are limited by Prop 13 which passed back in the late 70's. Your taxes are based essentially on your assessed value as of the date of purchase, and do not increase as your property appreciates. Of course if you sell it and buy a new, similarly valued property they skyrocket.

I bought my condo for $255,000 back in 1999. It is now valued at $650,-700,000 but my base property taxes have not increased by any significant amount.

What really ticks me off is that the city has found a way to increase my overall tax burden by tacking on things like salt water (we flush with salt water here) and trash collection (which should be a fee, not a tax!!!). The additional city-imposed burden is about $600... all of which used to be paid out of my HOA dues! Of course the HOA dues didn't decrease accordingly. Now that I'm HOA president, I'm going to raise this issue!!!

Misplaced Priority:
The sickening part of it all is, "Where is all the money going"?

Just be glad you don't get all the government you pay for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom