Provo diving costs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesanywhere

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello. Been a while since diving in Turks and just looked at the 2-tank dive cost and it's significantly more then I am used to. Are there any more reasonably priced dive outfits? Staying in Grace Bay area. Most seem to be around $180 or so. I understand it's an island, increased fuel costs etc. Just wondering if more affordable options? Thanks.

Everything about T&C (cab fare, food, lodging, etc.) is more expensive than just about anywhere in the Caribbean. I don't have any input on dive costs specifically in Provo, but if you are looking for reasonable prices similar to elsewhere in the Caribbean, T&C might not be a good choice for you.

Yes, as I mentioned, I understand WHY the costs are higher but thank you for restating what I said. Just wondering if there were other options that I am missing. I guess I was looking for specific information instead of opinions.
Turks and Caicos is the right choice for us and the trip has been booked.

I don't think there are. We enjoy our trips to Provo but due to the cost we stay and dive less than other destinations

Yes, as I mentioned, I understand WHY the costs are higher but thank you for restating what I said. Just wondering if there were other options that I am missing. I guess I was looking for specific information instead of opinions.
Turks and Caicos is the right choice for us and the trip has been booked.
The Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Cozumel are on islands too and their prices are nowhere near as high as T&C. I wasn’t trying to advise you WHY prices might be high, I was trying to remind you that comparing the T&C prices to pretty much every other island in the Caribbean except maybe Grand Cayman is a fool‘s errand because T&C is going to be much more expensive. My apologies for attempting the reality check. You won’t have to worry about getting any input from me in the future.

You might consider a live aboard. The Turks and Caicos Aggressor might have a deal during the time you are there

The Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Cozumel are on islands too and their prices are nowhere near as high as T&C. I wasn’t trying to advise you WHY prices might be high, I was trying to remind you that comparing the T&C prices to pretty much every other island in the Caribbean except maybe Grand Cayman is a fool‘s errand because T&C is going to be much more expensive. My apologies for attempting the reality check. You won’t have to worry about getting any input from me in the future.
No input and uninvited reality checks and opinions will be greatly appreciated in the future.

Hello. Been a while since diving in Turks and just looked at the 2-tank dive cost and it's significantly more then I am used to. Are there any more reasonably priced dive outfits? Staying in Grace Bay area. Most seem to be around $180 or so. I understand it's an island, increased fuel costs etc. Just wondering if more affordable options? Thanks.
You did not indicate which dive op you checked into. $180 sounds on the low end for T&C. If you were not aware Provo is one of the most expensive islands in the Caribbean. You may want to verify that the op you contacted is reputable.

Dive Provo, 1 day 2 tank diving $154

Back
Top Bottom