PS CS - Copyright Action?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fpoole

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Apologies for posting this in the wrong place?? I recall you had a request for postings, but couldn't find it, so figured I'd post here and you all can move it to the correct place.. again, apologies...

So -
I'd be interested in a Copyright Action. We lightly discussed this before and I found one with ?? who has an excellant site and use a "Brush" to apply her © notice. I'm looking for a simple one that works just like the Photo Gallery does when you're processing a batch.

It looks like a simple layer and puting a "Text Box" formated the way you wanted it. So I figured I'd just save the layer as a "Sprite"?? and then try to ADD that to the Batch Action I have for downloading an converting .jpg to a .psd Action I already have.

Tried it, but, obviously, didn't get it right... so wondering how to "Import" in to the existing Action, a simple "Sprite (copy right layer?)" in one of the steps..

any thoughts??

thanks much

Ps. I couldn't get the Brush thing to work, the text came out very strange.. she made it for PS7 and I tried it on CS... so that might have had something to do with it...

thanx.

I couldn't get the brush thing to work either.

I simply went into the batch area and clicked away...worked for me, but I ONLY did the copyright action and not anything else in that batch.

Hope someone else can jump in here and help.

Hmm... Not sure I understand, the Batch Area???

Were you able to set up the action?? even if by it's self?
(I figured out how to ADD actions to another Action)

So you could put a copyright on a batch of photos as in 50, and run it?? I guess it'd be an action???

Select photos in Browser
Run Batch??

Like that???
Confusaled in Seattle.. heheh.. so what's new eh??
thanx

OK, unless I am way off base, under File you select Automate then Batch. You should be able to select which image folder you want to work on and also select the action you want.

Or have I missed part of your question?

You may remember THIS THREAD regarding creating copyrights. Pull up an image out of the folder you want to copyright. Record an action as you add the copyright information to the image. Then use the action to batch process the images. Follow Alcina's direction to File>Automate>Batch and then follow the directions in the dialogue box to ID your action, source files and destination folder.

---Bob

alcina:
OK, unless I am way off base, under File you select Automate then Batch. You should be able to select which image folder you want to work on and also select the action you want.

Or have I missed part of your question?

Yes, but creating the actual "Action" that does the Copyright thing..
That's the Missing link..
I use several, actually a growing list it seems, actions, but can create one that will pull in an image (xxxx 2005© xxxxx) and put it on top of the Images that the "Batch is processing.." just like a step along way of the batch process...

Like:
batch -
open .jpg
save as .psd
paste (copyright image)
save
close

Next one......
of course putting anywhere I want them to go.. that part I've got...
It's the red colored part.. pasting the copyright part...

The Web Gallery Process does it so quickly, but I'm thinking it's actually doing this:
open photo
create layer
text box with xxxxx 2005 © xxxxx (you put this in the gallery form part)
resize... blah-blah-blah...
close...

So I'll give that a try and see if it's the same speed... if so, then that's how it's done..
Ahhhh, the mysteries of the "Photoshop"
make sense?

OK, got it...
After much help from Bob, I was able to get it working OK..

As posted above, it "IS" just a simple macro "Action"..
Haven't fine tuned it yet... FYI, becareful not to "Reset" in the action window or you'll blow out all your custom actions heheheh.. I speak from recent experience...
But it goes like this.
Open a .psd file (or any file for that matter)
Creat a duplicate layer (or post directly)
put in a TEXT box using the tools
Type in what you want and format accordingly
Save
Close

Bob was indicating a short version where you don't have to save etc, I haven't tried it yet.. so don't know the exact workings.
In the batch windown you can, of course indicate what files/folder to process and where to put them.

Anyway, it is just a simple action consisting of putting in a text box with the copyright info... save and close... .jpg and .tiff files will have to have a "Merger" step added to flatten the files for saving...

hope that helps, thanks much Bob for all the help and showing me d'light.. ;-))

Sigh, on to the next one eh???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom