PS Elements for E-PL5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Gulliver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Have switched from an E-PM1 to an E-PL5 and am a bit confused about editing software. I have used PS Elements 9 and the appropriate Camera Raw plug-in up to now but it appears that this won't work with the E-PL5. I understand that I will need the Camera Raw 7.3 plug-in but which version of PS Elements do I need? I have Windows 8, by the way.

I cannot recall the details now but a similar issue came up for Photoshop and another Olympus Pen Camera. As I recall the discussion there may not be a significant difference between the Raw plug-ins and there may be a way to fool Elements so that you do not have to upgrade to a newer version to get the appropriate plug-in.

---------- Post added March 26th, 2014 at 02:02 PM ----------

I don't know the details but I think you can use the DNG converter located at this page to convert your RAW files to DNG files that your version of LR should be able to open. The link is Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 8.3

Thanks! I'll look ino that.

kind of a non answer to your question but: I have the E-PL5 also, and I use adobe lightroom now rather than photoshop…I used to be fairly competent with basic PS, but tried a free download of Lightroom a few years ago…since then have used Photoshop less and less and now can do 99% of the post processing in Lightroom faster and easier than PS…For what it is worth, you might try downloading a trial free version from the Adobe site….a few tutorials is all you need to get started..it is particularly helpful with custom white balance on multiple shots…….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom