PST HP 100 3500psi ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tattooedjeeper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Maybe someone here can help me...I just picked up a PST hp 100 3500psi tank born in 2001 and its 2 inches taller than my al80 (valves not included in the measurement) I was under the impression that the hp 100 should be shorter than my al80. I looked around and found this chart Scuba Cylinder Specification Chart from Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan According to this chart my tank, if it's a hp 100, should be 2 inches shorter than my 80....that being said the hp120 3500psi from PST is the same measurement of the tank i just bought, two inches taller and the same diameter of the al80. is it anyway to decode the numbers on the tank and figure it out or am I just missing something really obvious? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks! I was pretty sure that I had gotten lucky but, needed another set of eyes to make sure I wasn't missing something. Today was good, I actually got two of those tanks from him. Both with good hydro and current visual as well.

You would much rather have a HP 100. It trims out better. I'll be a sport and take that 120 off your hands........

I agree with Kwinters. I'll be driving through Fayetteville next Saturday and can take that to the scrapyard for you, free of charge! :D

Jokes aside, yes....an HP100 will be shorter than an AL80 by a couple of inches. An HP120 will be taller by a couple. Congrats on your awesome tanks!

I thank you guys for wanting to look after me and scrap or take these things off my hands but, I'll just go ahead and keep them while I look around for something better :) I don't want to burden you all with my problem tanks you know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom