PST steel HP80...thread size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbrians

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have the above tank and it comes with the smaller threaded valve in DIN only. Even with an insert, there is no dimple on the back to hold the set screw on the reg.
My guess is it's a 5/8th thread. Is there a yoke valve in this size (3500 psi) and if so, where could I get one?

I have never seen a yoke valve that will fit the HP neck.....my bet is there is no such animal.
The DIN valve on these tanke is 300 BAR only, again I have never seen a 300 BAR insert as it would defeat the purpose of having a 3500+psi valve.

You're stuck with what it is.

To make it simpler:
I do not believe that any other valve will fit the HP3500 (Genesis) tank.

thanks for the replies. I didn't think there was a yoke version but I thought I'd ask.

Now I'll have to find either a DIN first stage or sell the tank!

.....or convert your 1st stage to DIN.

I have 7 tanks all yoke and 12 regs the same. A DIN tank and/or reg doesn't fit my plans!

I have 7 tanks all yoke and 12 regs the same. A DIN tank and/or reg doesn't fit my plans!

Do you want to sell it?
If so PM me.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom