PT-016 - Crack in housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phish-phood:
Apart from the length of time it is taking I have to say that Olympus and the shop I bought the camera in are being absolutely great and really helpful. Although that doesn't help with the frustration factor of having spent all this money and not used the thing yet!

Sorry for your missed out dives, but I must say that olympus and the shop I deal with are great too. When my 5050 flooded(my fault) I got it exchanged (very low cost) with no big deal at all.

Aloha,
Lisa

yeah it is a little frustrating but it would be far more so had olympus and the shop I bought it not being doing what they can to help.

I am not having much luck with my dive kit at the moment, my drysuit practically fell apart this weekend and it isn't even a year old!

Phish-phood:
yeah it is a little frustrating but it would be far more so had olympus and the shop I bought it not being doing what they can to help.

I am not having much luck with my dive kit at the moment, my drysuit practically fell apart this weekend and it isn't even a year old!

Now that sucks.....Can you take it back to the shop you bought it from???
I hope you get a good luck streak soon.

LOL doesn't it just! I am trying to get it back to the shop I bought it from but it took them so long to get the suit in for me in the first place and the owner really begrudged me it that we parted company on bad terms. There is another shop who is a dealer for the drysuit company near me where the staff are much nicer so I am hoping they will be able to help!

In the meantime I am staying dry and taking pictures on land :wink:

justleesa:
Now that sucks.....Can you take it back to the shop you bought it from???
I hope you get a good luck streak soon.

Leesa,

Try contacting Sea Me Repairs in San Diego, Karen does great work on wet and dry suits. I have taken my DUI suit to her for years.

scuba91709:
Leesa,

Try contacting Sea Me Repairs in San Diego, Karen does great work on wet and dry suits. I have taken my DUI suit to her for years.

thanks scuba! but is phish phood's suit...he is in britain - would they accept an international job?

Got it all sorted now anyway (fingers crossed)
Drysuit gone back to company and being allowed to upgrade the suit rather than accept repair and camera housing is back from Olympus so going to try that out pretty soon. :wink:

Bringing things up to date here. Today I got a response from Olympus..."Malfunction unrealted to workmanship, quality or normal usage.....yada yada yada....Warranty does not apply." They want $91.- and I am guessing since there is no way to repair it that I will get a new one for the 91 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom