Puerto Galera dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's some footage from Verde Island, about an hour away from Puerto Galera.

Great videos, I miss the Philippines. Love Verde Island, hope you were able to dive the washing machine.

Great videos, I miss the Philippines. Love Verde Island, hope you were able to dive the washing machine.

We did not. The thought of repeatedly smashing my body (and camera) into coral just didn't sound like much fun. Have you done that dive?

Verde island is a must but current can be brutally strong. Luckily the pinnacle is big enough to stay on the lee side, just zip zag up the wall. You can poke your head to the current to test its strength.
I have done few dives on the Washing Machine but the current was NOT strong enough to cause any issue.

We did not. The thought of repeatedly smashing my body (and camera) into coral just didn't sound like much fun. Have you done that dive?
Yes I have and it was it was really fun but would not want to be holding a camera. We just steered with our fins and let the current do the rest, it was kind of an underwater rollercoaster ride. The stories are bigger than the dive it really depends on the current which can be very strong at times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom