Puerto Vallarta dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hola, the temperature has dropped a little but still all above the 80F. Personally I have not used a wetsuit yet, but others have used a 3 mill full or 5 mill shorty, specially for the deeper dives. We just had a horrible red-tide move through. I am happy all that is gone now again. Vissability really depends where you go. I have not have had bad vis yet. Enjoy, it is ahwsum right now. Johan from "GRINS".

The whales are back in the bay today at Los Arcos. Not much beats diving surrounded by the sounds of whales. Lots of eagle rays and dolphins makes it all perfect. Enjoy, Johan, GRINS.

Johan,

great write ups on diving conditions in PV!!

I will be visiting Vallarta in January (jan25 to feb1st). Very much interested in getting few dives in. I am staying in Old Vallarta (tropicana) and am curious which shop should I be setting up my dives with. Is there a pickup @ los muertos beach ? Looking for 2 days of diving, different sites, do not want to repeat Los across on both days. I will be bringing my gear with me.

Hola, I have been putting off to update because I was sure we would get temperatures below the 80. But it is just not happening. People are wearing shorties just to be prepared and then you just unzip a little when it is too warm. I like problems like that. Anyhow, hard to say who will be going where and what the weather is going to be like in January. Local panga's will really pick up from anywhere if you arrange it. In general divers have a lot more flexiblility if your dive boat is not booked with snorkelers and I really do not like it when they drop you at a good spot for diving and then dissapear to take the people snorkling.
Also, I learned to ask what the dive shops have to offer, rather then telling them what you want right of the start. The practice of telling you what you want to hear is very common, but that does not mean thats what you get. If they say they will go here or there tomorrow themselves, the chance is bigger they actually go there, weather permitting. Thanks, Johan.

Hello Divers,

Hope you are all well.

PV dive report was a Little forgotten for a while but we are updating it and you can start checking it regularly since we are back on track...!!!!

Conditions in the bay are still Winter time but improving, water temperature is on the high 60¨s and visibility is about 20 to 30 feet and there has been a lot of marine life. Our last dive was on monday the13th at los Arcos and highlights were 3 types of eels, 2 different rays (one a spotted Eagle) several octopus and two turtles appart from the regular tropical fish in the area.

Keep checking we will keep you updated at least once a week.

Have a nice one...

Aníbal from PV Scuba

How is Puerto Vallarta faring after the Hurricanes? I was in St. Thomas when Hurricane Patricia was coming in. I'm going to be in PV via cruise ship during New Year's Eve. I'm looking for a refresher course for my sister. I just finished a few dives in USVI and West Indies so I'm stoked to get back into chilly Pacific waters! I got my video shoulder rig ready to go; anything to film in late December?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom