Puerto Vallarta dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Alex;

Thank yuo so very much for all of your pretrip assistance and for your staff on our dives while my wife Sandy and I were in PV. We happened to be on the same dives as Tamarb and I agree 100% with what she has to say about Anibal Robin. The dives we had with im were the most enjoyable and relaxing dives we had been on yet. He had me completely relaxed and relieved all of my concerns about buoyancy issues. My wife was having some problems with her swimming level and kicking properly and Anibal spent a lot of time with her on that and she was doing fantastic by our 2nd day of diving. You have a very valuable resource with Anibal and when we come back to PV in the future we hope to dive with him again.
Also you use of Paul on photography was perfect. The photos he took and videos he made were top notch and professionally done and every penny worth the money we paid for them. PV Scuba is a fantastic dive shop and we will definately use your services again and will recommend you to our local dive shop as a referral for their customers going to PV as well as anyone else we know going there.
We wish you only best for your shop and staff and loof forward to diving with you again.
Thank you again for EVERYTHING. Great Shop, Great Gear and Fantastic staff!!!!

I Dove with PVscuba on november 17, we had a good time diving in puerto vallarta, it was cold, the temperature was about 70 f(i was using 5 mm). This was the first time I saw the famous thermocline heading to the bottom, we crossed and damm you can feel the cold. Conditions were good, we saw dolphins jumping on our way to the marietas island, Anibal the DM did a great job taking care of the equipment and us. We were on a shared boat with other divers, but when we dove we were just 3 divers and Anibal who guided us and showed us all the marine life, we saw many rays hiding on the bottom, this was my second time at marietas and Anibal showed us other part I have never explored. So i tottally recomend pvscuba when you are going to puerto vallarta.

Alex, it was a great trip, keep up the good work.

I arrived today in PV and will do my OWD cert dives tomorrow at Las Marietas and the next day at Las Caletas with Vallarta Adventures. 70deg water is way better than back home, but I was hoping for hotter. No matter what, I'm really looking forward to getting wet again. A 43-year SI is too long...

Rod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I arrived today in PV and will do my OWD cert dives tomorrow at Las Marietas and the next day at Las Caletas with Vallarta Adventures. 70deg water is way better than back home, but I was hoping for hotter. No matter what, I'm really looking forward to getting wet again. A 43-year SI is too long...

Rod.

Hope the diving is going/went well. How is the viz?

Close to shore where I did my OW cert dives (Marietas and Caletas), it was pretty murky, but cleared up nicely out from shore at about 12 m depth.

Today, I did 2 more dives at Las Marietas. Viz was pretty good -- maybe 40', but a little murky. Colder than I hoped for though at 19C (68F) at depth.

I dove with Vallarta Adventures because of the PADI referral for my OW cert. They're bigger boats with lots of snorkelers and tourists, but the dive crews are top notch and I'd recommend them. My wife doesn't dive so she was able to come along and do other stuff that doesn't require getting wet.

I'm going back to Marietas tomorrow and Caletas on Saturday.

Rod.

Any updates on temps/viz for the holidays?
I'm hoping to dive while in the Punta Mita area just after Christmas, but haven't booked anything yet and am now having trouble finding an Op with openings for more than one day ... yeah, I know, I waited too long to book something, but still hoping!

My girlfriend and I dove with Leslie from Local Divers of Puerto Vallarta (vallartadivers[at]yahoo.com) last week, 12/19 and 12/20. The first day was at Majahuitas followed by Los Arcos the next day. Temp was 64 F at depth with about 20 ft viz on both days. Even though conditions weren't great we saw some cool stuff - a few rays, lots of eels, puffers, a few sea turtles, and a wonderful little sea horse (I have no idea how she found that thing).

Leslie and her captain Charlie were awesome. Both days they picked us up and dropped us off at the beach close to where we were staying, which saved us time and cab fare! She has a small boat and only takes a limited number of divers at once. The personal attention is great and she will hold your hand (literally) through a dive, if necessary. She knows the area and the dive sites very well and gave us a lot of great info along the way.

I'd definitely recommend her operation and am looking forward to diving again with them in the summer.

Was in PV over the New Years weekend and dove with Vallarta Under Sea. We were supposed to visit the Marietas Islands but diverted due to poor visibility related to red tide. Instead went to Majahuitas/Las Caletas area and was pleasantly surprised by the conditions. Water was 72-74 F at depth and viz was near 30 feet.

I just returned from PV. Went on 4 dives last week (2/15 & 2/16) with Leslie [vallartadivers[at]yahoo.com]. Went to Los Arcos, Majahuitas, and Mariettas Islands. Diving was great, water was cold (approximately 71F), and vis was 15-20 feet around the reef. Leslie was an amazing guide, knew her way around these areas quite well and found many interesting organisms to look at including two seahorses (!!), nudibranchs, lobsters, and numerous fish species. She also pointed out when the whales were singing. Amazing! I had one of the best dives of my career with her. I always felt safe and secure and taken care of. Leslie is professional and provides all the gear you will need including a brand new scubapro regulator and BCD. She also brought many wetsuit options and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We went out with a dive shop instead of the boat she normally works with [so my cousin could get certified]. They wanted to take us to a closer spot than Mariettas, but Leslie spoke up and made sure we got to where we were promised. She is fantastic! I highly recommend hiring her next time you are in PV or vicinity. She was also really fun to be around.

I did 8 dives 3/17/12-3/20/12, aboard the Eco Explorer & Marla, typically with Dive Master Hector Carreol & Captain Emilio Orona; dive master Chamely was there on a couple of days with students, she is also who I corresponded via email, when asking about there boat, ladder, water entry/exit procedures, equipment & luggage storage, she was patient, thorough & diligent. Everyone was professional & fun, the time of year perhaps was not the best time to dive, but I always say a day diving is better than a day working. I had to be there anyway for my work, so a-diving I went. Took my 5 mil suit, but would have been fine in my 3 mil, water temps were 73*F+.

1st day we dove Isle Marietta’s, they told me I was going to see "Boobies" I got excited, but they were talking about the feathered kind, LOL; However we saw humpback whales on the trip out to the site, viz was 30-50 ft with particles in the water, the volcanic tunnel swim through was cool, baby Stingrays, Puffer Fish & Nudibranchs were everywhere.

2nd day we dove Los Arcos, where a part of Popeye the Sailor was filmed, with Robin Williams. Viz was 7-20 ft, pretty crappy, but still saw a tiger eel, nudibranchs, octopus, a Basket Starfish & more.

3rd day Mahahuirtas, nudibranchs, eels, basket starfish, stingrays, etc viz still wasn't great 15-25 ft. We saw a Sea Turtle on the trip back to the port.

4th day Ilse Marietta’s, viz was better, but waves were rougher. Sting Rays, puffers, lobster, eels, etc. Saw Humpback whales on return trip to port.

I would highly recommend this shop; they were professional, fun, informative & accommodating. Also very conveniently located in the Marina, I was able to walk over there from the Casa Marriott, since they stored my gear over night, it was about a 15 minute walk, with shops on the way for breakfast, gifts, liquor, food, etc.

Dive trips Puerto Vallarta, daily scuba and snorkel tours in Puerto Vallarta, Tours :: Scuba Diving School Vallarta Under Sea - Escuela de buceo

Back
Top Bottom