Puerto Vallarta Diving in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have another question. since my wife doesn't dive and I really don't want to leave her alone for three days of diving how is the snorkeling? Also do most of the services offer both?

Yes 30' Viz is great we were looking at about 4' last weekend. We have a lot of algae bloom right now so I will welcome 30' as well as temps above 48 degrees

I have another question. since my wife doesn't dive and I really don't want to leave her alone for three days of diving how is the snorkeling? Also do most of the services offer both?

Hi.

On most of the dive sites that we visit you can also do snorkeling. The viz has not been fantastic, yet seems to be improving since the there has been a lot less rain this week.

Your wife will be welcome to join us...

cheers

Alex from PVScuba

Is a great time to go to Puerto Vallarta viz will get better, and temperature will be nice, a 3mm will be more than enough

damage thanks for the information - thats great to hear!! I am looking forward to warmer water as well as getting a chance to explore new places. I dove Islas Marietas last time so looking forward see some of the different site

Last October I did several dives in Puerto Vallarta, I used a thin bathing suit, it was perfect. Go south to Boca Tamatlan, the shop in Boca is run by Karla, tell her Larry sent you. She's great to get into the water and become comfortable with your equipment and new diving enviornment. Then get online and check out the trips with Chico's dive shop. Try to get on the Chimo trip, advanced fun diving, tell them you want to go out with Nacho. Have fun, I will be in Pv for the month of October, if you push your dates, I will go diving with you.

I'm in Puerto Vallarta now, and hate to report the water seems to have already turned cold. We dove a few days ago out of Chimo (far south side of the bay) water temp was 70 degress on the nose. I froze my butt off as well as 2 other divers I was with. The vis was also not very good, maybe 20 feet. Yet just a few days before that, the water was 86 degrees and the vis was about 50 feet. So bring a full 3mm just in case. I will be diving Los Arcos in a few days, and will report back what it ls like then.

Leaving PV tomorrow, went diving yesterday, cold cold cold is all I can say. four weeks ago, it was 86 degrees up and down, yesterday my divemaster said 66, my dive computer said 68. In 10 years of diving here, I have never seen it that cold. So bring your wetsuit with you, winter has arrived here.

Went 23 and 24 to chimo marietas and arcos, viz is bad 10-12 ft tops, and water is very cold, 66F in marietas and chimo, In los arcos @70ft 60F, winter came early this year.

So, we are also going to PV the last week of November. My wife thinks 81 degrees is cold.. Should we expect the water to get any warmer by then?

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom