Pug's new fitness program for DIR divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh, Ontario, you know where that song goes, don't you? "He dresses in a dry suit / and hangs around with Jaws"

Or something like that . . . :)

Originally posted by MikeS
when did Halcyon start making chain saws?
You Easties crack me up. If you'd grown up out here you'd know that there's only one brand of chain saw. (Goes along with the two kinds of music.)

If you were serious about getting in shape, your tools wouldn't have pullcords to start them!! :wink:

Trees are wonderful for heat
they warm you at least 5 times

cutting
splitting
hauling
stacking
burning

:D :wink:

Originally posted by kodiak
its gotta be a Stihl.:)

That's why he had to pull so much???

"Be stihl my heart..."

Hmmm,

A DIR logger wears chaps that don't cut through and stop the chain if you do manage to get the saw into contact with yourself.

Of course a DIR logger will keep control of the saw so that the chaps are never really needed.
:D

Look for the DIR-L class near you, the fundamentals of better logging.

A DIR Logger uses a 7' primary pull cord with a 3' backup on a bungie around his neck.

A DIR logger keeps his can of Chain Lube rigged on his LEFT side only.

A DIR Logger removes the rawhide laces from his steel-toed workboots and replaces them with springs.

And of course - a DIR Logger never cuts with "Strokes" (He uses a chain saw - not a "stroking saw")

- Brought to you by WKPP (Wood Kutting People Project)

Pug,

I thought maybe you could use a little inspiration in your quest to get and stay fit. So, here is a little help for lifting all those big heavy logs.

:lifter:

UP

I have a safer option for you. The tree has gone but the stump remains. It will not fall on you and you will get lots of exercise extracting it from the ground. All the weight you lose through this exercise programme will be replaced by all the beer I keep you going with!

Regards

Guys,
those tress that bug you would make some very barren neighborhoods out here look much more picturesque (& cool the summer heat.)
You wil get more exercise digging them up, binding the roots & putting them on trucks to ship to SoCal. I just don't feel at "home " on a street with a few spindly palm trees!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom