Puked hard at Christ In The Abyss.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
Last weekend it was my 4th dive of the day in VERY choppy water. The boat was all over on the way out and at anchor. I tried to make mysef puke off the boat, but couldn't get it done. I told my buddy to expect me to puke during the dive, and if I was ok...take pictures!!!

So viz wasn't that great, and as we approched the statue it slowly appeard as a shadow and gradually came into view. VERY freaky dude!

We took our pics and hung out a bit and went right back to the boat since I felt like :censored:. Then I felt it. There was no stopping it. 2 quick heaves of nothing, then it was on.

I held my reg in my mouth with my hand to make sure it didn't fall or get spit out. Everything in me came out. I was suprised my purge handled the amount and speed of all the fish food. I thought the reg would fill up at one point, but it was all good. My buddy was right by me (clicking away). When I was done we were both laughing hard.

The only thing that sucked was I wanted to gargle and couldn't. So I took the reg out and rinsed it real quick and headed up to the boat for some water. Tons of fish raced for my tossed cookies.

That's my story. It's a first. Thought I'd share.

2 Bar:
Last weekend it was my 4th dive of the day in VERY choppy water. The boat was all over on the way out and at anchor. I tried to make mysef puke off the boat, but couldn't get it done. I told my buddy to expect me to puke during the dive, and if I was ok...take pictures!!!

So viz wasn't that great, and as we approched the statue it slowly appeard as a shadow and gradually came into view. VERY freaky dude!

We took our pics and hung out a bit and went right back to the boat since I felt like 5h!t. Then I felt it. There was no stopping it. 2 quick heaves of nothing, then it was on.

I held my reg in my mouth with my hand to make sure it didn't fall or get spit out. Everything in me came out. I was suprised my purge handled the amount and speed of all the fish food. I thought the reg would fill up at one point, but it was all good. My buddy was right by me (clicking away). When I was done we were both laughing hard.

The only thing that sucked was I wanted to gargle and couldn't. So I took the reg out and rinsed it real quick and headed up to the boat for some water. Tons of fish raced for my tossed cookies.

That's my story. It's a first. Thought I'd share.

And you chose to share with us this story for what purpose?

OE2X:
And you chose to share with us this story for what purpose?

For the purpose of sharing a dive experience in a forum where other people might have had a simialr experience and could relate. After all, you read the title, clicked it, read the post, and responded.

To be honest I am almost proud. This never happened to me before. Puking sucks in general and could be potentially hazardous underwater. I'm glad I didn't panick. I'm glad I didn't pull the reg out to puke and tried to jam the reg back it. It is a bit of an ordeal for someone with no throwing up underwater training. I got through a situation and gained experience from it.

2 Bar:
My buddy was right by me (clicking away). When I was done we were both laughing hard.
so where are the pics? all your photo gallery has are bermuda shots. i wanna see the pictures of you heaving!! :crafty:

Makes sense to me - I have seen tons of threads on here with worried new divers wondering what to do if they get sick underwater. Thank goodness I didn't have time to think the first time it happened to me, the correct answer is counterintuitive. The next time someone asks, I will reference 2Bar's post :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom