Purchase this USED tank?

Purchase USED Luxar AL80 for $150

• YES...purchase the used tank

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • NO...stay away from the used tank

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$150 for a 1991 used tank? Pay the $250 for a new one.
I bought my two used Al 80's for $80 ea. had to have one hydro'd for another $40.
My next tank purchase will be new!

17 to nothing saying stay away. Is it clear yet or shall we continue beating this horse??

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I've bought each of my Catalina AL80 for <= $125 new with a fill.
So $150 for a used AL80 seems quite high.

I would stick to the Steel 100, i would suggest spend a little money on a new one.. than spending money on used tank.. like everyone said.. there are better deals you can find for $150.00 for AL80 if money is a major issue..

Wow, 19 to 0 voting ratio currently!

So this boils down to the avoidance of this particular tank NOT because its used...but rather because of the price?

Secondly, given my bodies build, with proper buyancy control via BC inflation, suit thickness, etc...Im not going to decend uncontrolably and drown because Im wearing a steel HP100?

I am however, a little nervous with purchasing something like a tank from online. Would tanks from the net be more prone to failure versus one from a DS? Or would a DS charge more to inspect a tank purchased from somewhere else?

If you buy a new tank online it should come with the VIP sticker attached. This will get you thought the first year without needing another inspection. You'll need annual inspections after that anyway and your LDS should be willing to do it at their regular price regardless of where you purchased the tank. Unless the tank is damaged in transport (which is unlikely) it will be no more likely to fail than the one at your LDS. The ones they have in stock where shipped to them after all.

Ill beat the dead horse some more :p

Too small, too expensive and wrong material :p

I would never spend another dime in that store. They treated you outrageously, with no respect. As a sucker. Even allowing for the value of the freebies.

Stick with the steel, steer clear of the alu. if anyone is telling you that you will decend uncontrolably with a steel because you have little or no body fat, steer clear of them too.!

Back
Top Bottom