Purchasing a light for a video camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapuppy

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone:

I feel like an idiot but don't know where else to turn...I am a new diver certified this year and there is just so much to learn!

Anyway, I am looking to buy a light for my fiancee for Christmas and don't know where to start. He uses mostly a video camera and has an Ikelite housing for it...

Any suggestions on a good quality but not too expensive starting place?:confused:

Thank you,
Scubapuppy

I think the best value for the money is the Fisheye HG-20dx:
Fisheye FIX Light HG20DX [fix.hg20dx._sv] - $419.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

LMI's New LED Lights are an amazing blend of power and efficiency, but you'll have to throw a mag lite or something under the tree because these guys are going to be in very tight supply until after the first of the year.

Sunray 1000 Light System - Premium LED Video Lighting, Underwater Light System, Light & Motion, Light and Motion

A knowledgeable underwater photo retailer can tell you how to adapt these to your fiancee's housing :)

Rechargeable video lights for major underwater housings

We have an ikelite package that's identical to the Amphibico Package shown here:

SL50 dual video light package for all Amphibico underwater housings endeavor FXV1, Dive Buddy Evo, HD, Elite, VHSREL78, ACHDM043, VHFXZ106, VHENFPSD, arc lamp, SLKT001B, ALKT002B, LAPPHIB, VLDLAA01, VLDL0010.

Instead of the adapter for the Amphibico housings you will receive ikelite adapters instead. If this is something that you're interested please let me know and I'll be happy to help you find the right setup for your finance :)

Hi Tim thank you...looks great I was hoping to not spend $770.00 anything like that but 500.?

Thanks,
Katherine

Hi Katherine,

We have a SL50 demo unit that will run about $500. The tricky part is how to keep it below $500 without all the accessories.

This set up is just below $600. Would this work for you? SL50 dual video light package for underwater video and film lighting
We have a pair that's in great condition. If you order them I'll include new bulbs and new chargers in them.

If your husband already have ball adapters on the arms, you wouldn't need the housing adapters. Otherwise they're about $45-50 a pair. You will also need clamps if you don't already have them. With this set up you will basically get both lights that will mount onto the housing directly and make a pretty significant difference on the shoot. Later on you can buy additional arms that will give your fiancee more flexibility. Your other option is to start off with one light, which will give him enough light to work with for most cases.

Feel free to give me a call at 949-466-5383 if you have any questions, I know how complex some of these things can be sometimes. If there's anything that I can do to help please let me know :) Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom