Purchasing from leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dj_skidoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anybody have any problems with them?

I purchased a knighthawk BCD from them for a great price...and just noticed that it doesn't have a serial number on it...it looks like they took it off with a very clean cut. I called scubapro and they said that I should have leisure pro replace it...I called leisure pro and they told me they would email me in a couple days after they talk to a few people...what would you do?

I'm not too worried because it is in good shape(brand new....I think...lol) but what if something happens and I need the warranty...without it I'm stuck.

You never indicated that it was purchased as "New". If so, it should have come to to you unaltered of course. However used or clearance gear may have been altered by the previous owner. In any case, my dealings with Leisure Pro have always been outstanding and if you are not happy with it, they may exchange it or give you a credit if the can't - don't have another.

I have purchased plenty of gear from Leisurepro with few problems. The couple times something was quite right (fit or just didn't like it), they were quick to replace or accept a return. With a missing serial number tag, I would ask for a replacement since it can lead to warranty issues in the future.

I wouldn't worry too much. They have always resolved any issues I've had. They once upgraded me to a better drysuit since the one I wanted was not in stock in the show room. There was a $400 difference and they didn't think twice.

There was an incident quite a few years ago (15?), before they were an authorized dealer for Scubapro, where they were selling counterfeit Scubapro BCDs. Apparently a manufacturer in MEX decided they might made a few extra bucks after the contract with Scubapro was done. I would insist on a BCD with S/N as Scubapro recommends.

photo (9).jpg

anyone see a serial number there?

If you don't hear anything back as you said you expected above, please let me know and I'll see what I can find out. We're closing early tomorrow and will be closed until Sunday, so if you don't hear anything during that time, that's why. Email is nickb@leisurepro.com.

Since I'm not physically in the store, I don't look at a lot of SCUBAPRO BCD tags, do they use "EN" instead of "SN" for some reason? Like the number above the CE number?

I'll do everything within my power to make sure you're well taken care of with this purchase, just keep me in the loop! :)

I believe Leisure Pro will be closed this Wednesday to Sunday FYI. Seems like theyre taking a well deserved break.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom