• No

Votes: 59 37.8%
  • User choice

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • No opinion

Votes: 11 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rice once bubbled...
i'm not speaking for Dog but I have Keratoconus, a problem with elongation of my corneas that would be helped if I wore hard contacts. This kind of thing would fit what Dog said.

however I just dive blind, maybe someday I'll get a prescription mask. I don't wear my prescription contacts because the condition I have makes them freaking painful to wear.

HTH,
Rice
... check with your optometrist - better yet find a DIVING optometrist. There is no need for you to be diving blind. I would think that the recently launched biocompatible disposible soft lenses should drape on your cornea sufficiently to give you reasonable vision for diving. If that is a no go, get the prescription mask lenses. Please investigate it for your and your buddy's safety - IMHO this is a foolish and unnecesary risk.

Look here:http://messages.kcenter.org/2/OpenTopic?a=srch&s=072090354&findw=scuba for some opinions on Scuba and Keratoconus. Act now before you become a statistic....

I dont care they both have there pro's and cons, In fact i use both
a Ocean Master Z4, and an Oceanic Shadow, the nice thing about the Shadow is that is is frameless and fits great in your BC pocket for a back up, Which happened to come in very handy last year at 57ft with 2ft visibilty The right lense of my Z4 popped out while i was clearing my mask, Wondered why the Damm thing wouldn't clear..:rolleyes:

Scubaddawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom