Putting quotes from another post in my post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB104:
How do I take a portion of another persons post as a quote and post it in my post as I see all over this board?

Just click the reply button on that person's post..............

ShakaZulu:
Just click the reply button on that person's post............. And then edit as you see fit. :wink:
not so bad, eh?
There's also a little icon just above the "text box" when you're replying that you can click on, it looks like the "text baloon" in cartoons. (only shows up in the "advanced mode" unless you hit the "reply" button

You can also do it by hand - you have to use the boxes:

[*****= users name].......paste text here......[/*****]

Replace the stars with the word QUOTE (if I did it in the example you wouldn't see the code!) If you leave out the users name then you'll only get the quote box without knowing who said it

Left click and hold on the text that you want to copy, let go the left click. The right click and select "copy". Go to your reply box, right click in the box and "paste".

There are quite a few ways to do this... knowing the code helps. If you make a quote and then "edit" you post you will see a
at the beginning and the SAME thing except with a / in front of the word quote at the end. Using the argument
XXX:
where xxx is a user's name will identify who the quote is from. PS, I often use nicknames instead of the user's name when doing this.

Back
Top Bottom