PV Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Ovejita Negra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just thought I'd give a quick rundown of my dive yesterday with Alex from PV Scuba.
Puerto Vallarta Scuba Diving and Specialty Diving School: PVSCUBA

I was really excited to go out on the maiden voyage (test run) of PV Scuba's new boat. They have a brand new panga that seats 15 divers so there is a lot of room for gear and putting on wetsuits without sitting on each other's laps. It was a really fast trip to Los Arcos (fast boat!) so even though we had scheduled our departure later than usual, we got there about the same time as we would have.

After diving the whole summer in a skin (to avoid jellyfish), putting on a 7mm wetsuit was tough! I should have taken Alex up on the offer of the hood because I wasn't used to the water being this cold after 86 degrees only about a month ago.

The water temp was 68 degrees at depth (50 feet) and for the first dive at Bajos de Christo (Los Arcos), the viz was about 40-50 feet. It was nice to see the rays back since I hadn't seen many throughout the summer. There were a lot of eels that were actually traveling instead of hiding in the rocks. I love watching them move through the water - morays, zebra, and jewel eels.

The second dive was even better - viz easily 80-100 feet at the wall. Lots and lots of schooling fish - damsels, butterfly, jacks, angels. It was very beautiful!

With the new boat, the private dock and having a nice place to shower and rinse gear after the dive, I think PV Scuba easily has the best thing in town now. I'm going to be finishing up my DM certification with them over the next month.

I think once I get my hood and my gloves, I'll be prepared for winter diving in PV!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom