Question about flying after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn:
Here in the Rocky Mountain region, people will dive in, say, Utah, in the morning. They know they should not fly back to Denver in a plane (Pressurized to 8,000 feet), so they drive back on I-70, going over Eisenhower Pass (11,000 feet).

Eisenhower Pass gets me dizzy even if I haven't been diving. It's up there, especially for us from "flatlander country"

I wonder why there is no well-advertised warning about taking mountain passes after diving.

I doubt percentage wise there are less than 1/10th of 1% of the people driving that road that have been diving. There are no warning signs heading north from Key Largo as you drive back to the Miami airport which would have a much higher percentage rate of divers who would go to altitude for example.

I think the solution for this is for me to buy that new Gulfstream V jet that I've been wanting. At 41,000 feet, it has a cabin pressure of only 5,000 feet. Just got to figure out if I want cloth or leather interior.

:) Mike

Mike S.:
Just got to figure out if I want cloth or leather interior.
Cloth. Definitely cloth.

Wet neoprene tends to stick to leather. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom