Question about hose configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this website says that he chose to put the octo on the left side:

DIR-diver.com - Reg configuration doubles

But does that mean that the octo will be upside down when facing you ?

Or can they be dismantled to put the hose opening on the opposite side ?
What regulators are you using?
There are probably more regulators that can be switched to "left hand", but I know for sure it is a 10 minute job for Apeks XTX series to shwitch sides.

What regulators are you using?
There are probably more regulators that can be switched to "left hand", but I know for sure it is a 10 minute job for Apeks XTX series to shwitch sides.
I use Apeks buy it looks like I don’t need to switch them according to the other posts.

Thanks for the info though, it’s useful for me to know I can invert them easily if need to.

this website says that he chose to put the octo on the left side:

DIR-diver.com - Reg configuration doubles

But does that mean that the octo will be upside down when facing you ?

Or can they be dismantled to put the hose opening on the opposite side ?
It’s not an octo. It’s a backup regulator. It’s for you, not your buddy.

Your primary regulator is the one you give your buddy if needed.

Both regulators are configured for right-hand feed.

Like this, except I run the backup reg hose under the wing inflator. It's also missing a drysuit hose on the left post.

xagir_regulator_dir_twin_10320.jpg

On doubles regs, the secondary (octo) comes off the left post (valve) and crosses behind your back, with the hose on the right side of your neck. So the secondary (octo) is right side up.

See the hose coming out of the bottom of the left first stage (on the right in the pic)? That’s the secondary.

Note for those who ask: I’m still tweaking transmitter placement.
View attachment 506713
If one day you are worried that the transmitter can get broken due to someone else grabbing your rig, I have done this to mine:

33dieeh.jpg

It is on a very tiny hose (I think it is a Miflex) so that other divers wouldn’t be tempted to grab the reg by the transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom