question about miflex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No issues here. So far my LP reg and BCD/suit hoses have done about 800 dives and the HP 250. Some fraying on the top of the LP ones that might be an issue with a latex neck seal but its cosmetic only. can cut/burn into place if its an issue. No problems or issues with any of the hoses at all over a fairly large number of dives now (that and exposure to very hot sunshine and salt water every single day etc etc)

Okay, so Miflex hoses fray with use. So what? Regular hoses crack and cut with use.

Things get worn down and they need to be either repaired or replaced. What's the big deal?

I've met Pete from Miflex

Just drop him an email, explain all and he will do whatever he can to help
He helped me big time :D

He told me last week that he had sold thousands of HP hoses and 25 had failed
this failure was 'usually' down to user error

Such as sraping the hose against the wreck during penetration or having a heavy SPG dangling without it being clipped off and stressing the hose

.... just telling you what he said, and not suggesting this is the reason for your exploding kit

*sigh* Well now Miflex want me to call next week to discuss my questions. Bit of a pain as they are in UK so there is the expense of an overseas call as well (I only have a mobile) as having to time it right because of the time differences. But I'll give it a go.

Not sure why they could not answer a few simple questions via email.

Layla done that and he said to call. Have not had a chance to do so.

I've had a full set of LP Miflex on my rig from when they first came out here in the UK (a year or so before they went to the States) and they now have over 1,000 dives on them and they still all look like new (apart from a bit of rust on the yellow octo hose).

I dived a prototype of the HP hose for over a year with no probs, racking up over 300 dives on it, and I have now got over 500 dives on the production version, and again no problems. That is in freshwater and saltwater, lots of overseas travel, cold water, hot water, sitting in bright sunlight, in and out of wrecks, etc, etc.

Could have been a dodgy batch, but everyone I know personally who has got the HP hose has not had any issues at all.

Mark

hey sas potato isnt that you on the other site? post 20 listed above?

Yep. Soz I missed your post before.

.... just telling you what he said, and not suggesting this is the reason for your exploding kit

Sure. I asked about user error but was told it was a hose problem from the dealer given it had been pressurized for a while just sitting there and also because it failed in three spots at once... *shrugs* I'll try to call Miflex this week as I was told it was sent back to them anyway.

Looks like i spoke too soon - turned gas on for first dive of the day and BANG! HP hose gone in 2 places. It was bought the first week of November.

Looks like i spoke too soon - turned gas on for first dive of the day and BANG! HP hose gone in 2 places. It was bought the first week of November.

lol, hope everythings ok though!

Slight delay to exit, change hoses and get back in. Inconvenient. Now i have a problem - i really like the hoses but dont really trust the HP. Plus i cant even get 24" short length HP hoses in Egypt and dont want an overly long standard rubber one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom