Question about (+) Rating on my tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MentalMarine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey,
I just got this tank and I wanted some help clarifying the rating for it. I understand that the tank comes with a service pressure of 2400 psi and the original hydro comes with the (+) rating. So it would have been 121 @ 2640. My question is about what pressure is it rated to now. It has had two subsequent hydros since then and I am unable to figure out if it still has the (+) rating. I know that someone has mentioned a REE number that allows the hydro testing facility to rate it at the 10% overfill, but how do I dertermine if that was the case in the last two hydros.
I have attached a few pictures that I hope will help.
cfdb_1.jpg

ce0d_1.jpg

cee9_1.jpg

It's 2400 psi now. If it had a current "+" rating, then the hydro date would be "04A206+". The most current hydro date needs the + to still be legal to fill them to 2640.

Jimmer is right. Technically, 2400 is the service pressure now, so you have a 110cf tank.

The better question is, what does your LDS typically fill it to? 2400? 2700? 3000?

oops, I didnt see your post when I threw that last one up there. I have yet to take it for a fill and previously I have had al tanks. I have heard that I can ask for the plus rating when I have I get it hydrod again. Though some shops wont do it even with the REE number.

The plus sign has to be after the hydro date. If the REE number is known or stamped on the tank than at the next hydro, if it qualifies for the plus rating the + sign will be stamped after the hydro date. If the REE is not stamped on the tank it could be a problem finding out what it is. The best chance would be a letter from the tank's maker stating it. Several of us here on the board have been trying to find the REE for the old 3AA2250 72 cu ft tanks with no luck. The hydro shop is not required to plus rate it even if it qualifies. A good relationship with the hydro shop may help convince them to do it. It is simple math once the REE is known.

You can ask to have the plus renewed at your next hydro, but if you discover your LDS is still filling it to 2640 or more it is not as big a deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom