question about touching nudis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
this may seem stupid but do you guys touch nudis and transfer them to better locations say atop a coral or something to get better angled photos? or should you just leave em there and shoot at is? just wondering bec you can get better and more dramatic pics if the angles/backgrounds better.

Take only pictures, leave only bubbles—don’t touch the critters!

Ooo you are going to get in a mess of trouble asking that one....

ME? Not opening my mouth.....

NO WAY.. no touching ... ever... just be patient and the opportunity will appear... and remember to dive with fellow photographers..

Mike Veitch:

was just asking, i kinda figured everything was hands off:) just wanted to get that one cleared once and for all

Would you try and move a mantis shrimp into a better position? :D
Perhaps instead of considering moving it, work with the position it's in to get a close up of rhinopores or gills or colorations. Mike Veitch has a what I think is a great close-up shot of a Chromodoris coi markings. I wouldn't consider it a nudi shot anymore, but as an abstract that I think it works and is beautiful. You could also move your strobes around to try and avoid lighting up the rocks/sand/muck the nudi might be on. Of course if it's down in a pile of rubble, you're stuck but there are so many nudis out there another opportunity will present itself.

just my opinion...

_Bella_:
Would you try and move a mantis shrimp into a better position? :D
Perhaps instead of considering moving it, work with the position it's in to get a close up of rhinopores or gills or colorations. Mike Veitch has a what I think is a great close-up shot of a Chromodoris coi markings. I wouldn't consider it a nudi shot anymore, but as an abstract that I think it works and is beautiful. You could also move your strobes around to try and avoid lighting up the rocks/sand/muck the nudi might be on. Of course if it's down in a pile of rubble, you're stuck but there are so many nudis out there another opportunity will present itself.

just my opinion...

totally agree! i live in the nudibranch capital of the world so i doubt id have problems in that department. btw i dont have strobes and i cant get as close as other people, my stock a95 has some limitations but il try and manage.

Mike Veitch:

I suppose stir-fried nudis are not OK too?? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom