question about US navy tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibrahem hus

Registered
Reaction score
hello everybody

this is my first time her , and sorry for my bad english

i would like to ask a question ,,, what Algorithm the US navy tables follow ?

becouse i hope to find a diving computer use this algorithm

thank you :)

well they aren't really based on a specific algorithm per se. IIRC they are derived from the Haldanean Deco models, which have evolved into the Buhlmann ZHL decompression. It is very important to remember though that the USN accepts something like 3% of dives to result in decompression sickness because they have chambers on all of their boats, so I wouldn't dive those profiles to the T unless I had a chamber immediately accessible.

thank you Mr. tbone1004 for your help :)

i will try to find a diving computer giving me results near from us navy tables

Can you explain why you are interested in finding an algorithm like the US Navy tables? Why do you feel they are superior to other algorithms?

The Navy is fully prepared for their dives with a Master Diver planning and supervising the dive, a standby diver, on-site medical staff and a decompression chamber. Also the divers are very fit and young. The air tables are for working Navy Divers, and the Navy finds for their mission an acceptable rate for DCS is 2% and 1%. We have no business following their tables. I started with the 1958 Navy tables and diving with UDT/SEAL dive buddies ( who taught some bad habits) and I feel extremely lucky to have avoided DCS doing so for my first 20 years of aggressive diving. I am very conservative now. We have some facts and observations and a whole lot of theory which has been used to develop safe diving methods. There still remains a lot of unknowns. There is old and there is bold, I plan to get old.

you are right Mr. shotmaster ... we have chamber when we work and our supervisor make the planning
i am commercial diver ... and we use US navy table in work
but i like to make control when i work underwater by a computer , not only by my supervisor

Here is a link to Cochran undersea Technologies that makes computers for the US Navy:

Cochran Military

well they aren't really based on a specific algorithm per se. IIRC they are derived from the Haldanean Deco models, which have evolved into the Buhlmann ZHL decompression. It is very important to remember though that the USN accepts something like 3% of dives to result in decompression sickness because they have chambers on all of their boats, so I wouldn't dive those profiles to the T unless I had a chamber immediately accessible.

good reason not to skip the safety stop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom