Question: DSD Website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay

Contributor
Reaction score
If y'all haven't looked recently, we have a good number of people who have chosen to be listed on the http://www.DeepSouthDivers.org "Contacts" page. It's very cool to be able to place faces with names.

(For those of you not on there, please send your info! For those of you missing information or a photo, please send that to SeaJay@bftwave.net and I'll get it up there.)

I was thinking of making an addition to that page: I was thinking of instead of everyone being "Members" (sounds a bit plain to me), that y'all ought to have your highest level of cert up there - or perhaps something that makes you feel unique in the group. For example, instead of having "Founder" for me (sounds pretentious to me) I'd like to have "Rescue Diver for BWSAR" or something - you know, something that makes me feel like I have a special place in scuba. We could have, "Charter Boat Captains" for the Crowells, or "Master Instructor" for Ty, or even "Mad Shark High Scorer" for someone. :) More than a few of us have Divemaster certs or Instructor certs or simply have a large number of dives... You know, something that sets them apart from the rest of the group. Even the new guy could call himself "Newbie" or "FNG" (Freakin' New Guy)... And in a funny way, would make that individual unique in the group. What do you think? What do you think makes you special in the group?

I think I'd also like to add a list of certifications to y'all's actual page. For example, you could say, "Over 50 dives" and "PADI Open Water, PADI Advanced Open Water, and Night Diver" as your experience level.

It seems that many of us want to be able to communicate our accomplishments - and I was thinking that this might be a good way to do that - and even motivate us to earn more certifications.

What do y'all think? I think each of us is more special than "Member."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom