Question for all female divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6 years ago whilst travelling after university. It was something i had always wanted to do, so when i was in Thailand i decided on doing my open water in Koh Tao. I got a very bad instructor at first that almost put me off for good as i had mask clearing problems. But i stuck it out, switched instructors and completed the course. Now im a DM with over 300 dives :)

I've been diving for 12 years, started it because I'd always wanted to do it - but found that the sport here in Scotland was quite masculine and male dominated. Having now lived and worked abroad for most of those years, I wanted to bring that non-male dominated attitude that's common abroad to the sport back home with me - which is why I've set up my own wee scuba diving company and it's teaching mainly children the PADI Bubblemaker & Seal Team Courses - but we're also teaching adults, offering ladies only nights and exclusive adult only classes to ensure the kids don't show them up when it comes to skills! lol!

I'm deeply passionate about diving now - as it's the only place in the whole world where my brain is quiet and allows me to focus on my students, my buddies and the underwater world!!

I cannot think of anything else in this big bad world, that I would rather do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom