Question for BA156 experts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishpie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've just acquired a new Scubapro Balanced Adjustable....last brushed chrome finish...and notice there's a plastic insert behind the adjustment knob that prevents it being screwed all the way in and limits the adjustment range.
Never seen anything here before.....is it a standard part?

I have one G250, the Blue Rhapsody variant, that came with such a spacer. I find it seriously limits the travel of the adjustment knob and, since it's soft, it removes any positive feeling the knob is at the end of its range. I removed it.

You mean something that fits inside the end of the tube after you put the adjusting knob in? There's a metal c-ring that fits there; the older ones had a rivet-sort of part. I'll try to attach a diagram.

Attachments

• BA-109 annotated.pdf
    184 KB · Views: 67
Zung has it.
It's just a split ring of plastic that fits over the adjustment knob shaft that limits the adjustment travel.
Basically it's a spacer that fits between the backside of the knob and the start of the tube.

And it looks like this

Attachments

• Spacer-s.jpg
    Spacer-s.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 46
That's it.
Guess my "new" 156 really is new....nobody would leave it on for diving.
Lets call it "transport" packaging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom