Question for Fort Lauderdale Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keep us informed....hope you have a great time. looks kind of rough out there right now (may 12 2014 1230pm)

It was pretty rough indeed. The Capt. said the wind was around 20+ knots all day. We did two dives. One on the Mercedes and one a wreck they call Hog Heaven. I dived EAN 32, so I had really good bottom time. I was the last one to surface both times. :) The wrecks were pretty cool. I am never dived in South Florida, so it was a nice first exposure. I saw my first moray eel, a speckled looking eel, a lionfish, and a ton more fish. Was nice and warm until you broke about 65 feet deep on the Mercedes. It was cold then. I made dives 19 and 20, so I am tickled. My family and I are bringing my boat down to Port St. Joe this summer for a week. I plan on trying to work in some more dives then. Thanks for all the advice and help guys! I was considering diving tonight, but the wind is not supposed to lay down and I do not want to get pounded around again.

Make the run to BHB if sea state does not allow a dive.
If I had a vehicle I would. But, I usually do not rent a car when I come to these conferences as they are in big hotels with places to eat around them.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom