Question for PADI Divemasters and Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John,

You do know that PeterGuy has assisted me in one of my courses, right? He was generous with a lot of tips and tricks and more than doubled the size of my toolbox.
No, I didn't know that. He wuill be a definite help. Say hello to Peter for me.

stopped blowing bubbles with their reg out?
I'd address that of course. However, I did notice that they displayed text that said essentially "remember to blow bubbles"

And what would you say if they were skulling when demonstrating neutral buoyancy?

No skulling of the hands of course. Slight skulling of fins is something I've seen in practically all videos from DIR agencies (including GUE tv) when in proper trim. The floating Buddha is an absolutely worthless means of demonstrating buoyancy. Does anyone dive like that? No, so why not have the students hover while trim with no hand skulling, slight stabilizing with fins.

I don't have a video but can create one this weekend of any skills you want to see demonstrated if you want.

I want to see you in trim, not broken at the waist, perfectly motionless for 1 minute, not even fins moving. I want to see if you can do better than DIR agencies, because I cannot.

No, I didn't know that. He wuill be a definite help. Say hello to Peter for me.
He was a huge help. Unfortunately, he's moved about 80 miles south, so my main hope of diving with him will be Sund Rock on the Hood Canal.

Charlie I would love to see that video, please do make one.

Charlie I would love to see that video, please do make one.
I'll bring popcorn. Though if @CharlieRogers can pull it off, he can send me a recipe for crow. :wink:

I would sure like to see that video too. Maybe we could send it to UDC and they could replace the old one. :D

I'll bring popcorn. Though if @CharlieRogers can pull it off, he can send me a recipe for crow. :wink:

Heck, I'll buy the first round -- no I'll put steaks on the grill and we can discuss it over a rib eye with free flowing drinks. The discussion always gets better when it's free flowing

:showtime:

He was a huge help. Unfortunately, he's moved about 80 miles south, so my main hope of diving with him will be Sund Rock on the Hood Canal.
Always fun to dive at Sund Rock. My log book tells me I have 134 dives there. Been missing it since I moved down to So Cal. Here is a photo my peeps sent from Octopus Hole this past weekend:
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9896fbdc73fa3501c1b98bfbdd6ef982&oe=598432FD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom