Question for the Pinoys... about Scuba Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocrmaster

Contributor
Reaction score
I called up Aquaventure the distributor of Scubapro in Manila. I was asking about the MK25/X650 Regulator. Their prices are killer (pang bankrupt).

Where do you recommend that I purchase Scuba Pro gear like Reg and Dive Computer?

I really want to get a Uwatec Smart Z or Tech w/c ever is cheaper (Not the aladin series)

Waiting to hear from the Wisdom of our Pinoy Big Brother Divers :05:

Is it cheaper to purchase in Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, or U.S.A?

If you guys know of Authorize Retailer from the Countries listed above pls pm or post here.
The Address and contact numbers.

Whitetip prices its products quite high but I have 20% discount cards for Aquaventure whitetip if you want. But why don't you give Divers Point a call 7253631 and get a quote as well.

ocrmaster:
I called up Aquaventure the distributor of Scubapro in Manila. I was asking about the MK25/X650 Regulator. Their prices are killer (pang bankrupt).

Where do you recommend that I purchase Scuba Pro gear like Reg and Dive Computer?

I really want to get a Uwatec Smart Z or Tech w/c ever is cheaper (Not the aladin series)

Waiting to hear from the Wisdom of our Pinoy Big Brother Divers :05:

try diver's point...look for ellen :wink:

Ben_ca:
as far as the computer get a uwatec bottom timer and memorize your tables :)

But I'm in the minority :)

if I could do that i wouldn't need a dive computer :)

Ben_ca:
as far as the computer get a uwatec bottom timer and memorize your tables :)

But I'm in the minority :)

I like that...my buddy was quoting our NDL's off the top of her head the other day..

ocrmaster:
if I could do that i wouldn't need a dive computer :)
Why do you need a dive computer?

I look at it the other way... If I cannot do my scuba math in my head and figure out how much time left on my NDL or air consumption:

a) I am out of my league and should start up
b) I am Narc'ed and should start up
c) I am on the wrong gas (O2 tox incomming) and should start up

Basically it helps to keep you in your comfort zone. There's nothing wrong with diving a computer just don't shut off your head when the comp turns on :) YMMV

[/rant]

Ben_ca:
Why do you need a dive computer?

I look at it the other way... If I cannot do my scuba math in my head and figure out how much time left on my NDL or air consumption:

a) I am out of my league and should start up
b) I am Narc'ed and should start up
c) I am on the wrong gas (O2 tox incomming) and should start up

Basically it helps to keep you in your comfort zone. There's nothing wrong with diving a computer just don't shut off your head when the comp turns on :) YMMV

[/rant]

If only I can learn the on-the-fly computations you guys do.:D

The NDLs just are not practical since 99% of our dives are multilevel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom