Question for the Pinoys... about Scuba Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onsse:
I'm also in the same situation...

I'm shopping for my first gear and I'm leaning towards Scubapro MK25 / S550 Reg or an Aqua lung Legend supreme. The SP is a piston type while the AL is diaphragm type.

If I bring my 1st stage for tuning in the Phil for the Scuba Pro - will they be looking for warranty cards or product registrations? Or can I just pay them straight up to service them?

~ons

ps. talagang litong lito na ko
Don't know about SP service in the PI but have you considered a mk25/s600 combo. I find the s600 to be a great breather.

Hey MidW,

Yeah - I'll be going with the MK25/S600 combo.

Initially I was looking at the prices from LP (internet) they have a lot of good deals vs. the crazy mark up that the LDS is offering. But in the end, with this combo - I think I'll get a better deal with the LDS even with the mark up.

Thanks for the 411

~ons

ps. when are u going to be in Monterey Bay? maybe we can hook up and do a kelp dive or something... lates..

Onsse

I contacted several dive shops in Hong Kong via email.

I got several quotes that are very competitive.

I will checkout each shop in TST, Kowloon, and Causeway Bay.

And post a report where I will purchase my gear.

Price is a major factor for sure, But customer service is also equally very important.
I would rather pay more if the Dive Shop is more helpful and honest.

I will be back on the April 17. I will post a report then.

Looking for a Uwatec Smart Z wrist dive computer with transmitter.

greetings divers,

my two cents...if youre very much interested in buying scubapros', may i STRONGLY suggest that you check out the ATOMIC AQUATIC line. theyre a little bit pricey compared to scubapros', but the quality is far more superior. scubapro dominated the reg. market during the 80's because of their quality but during the 90's, their top engineers formed their own company, thus ATOMIC AQUATICS was established. most of the local dive shop owners ive talked here in southern california, who carry both ATOMIC AQUATICS and scubapro, would atest that ATOMICS is far superior than scubapros', some have even removed their scubapros' from their shelves coz they say, the quality has really gone done the drain. ATOMICS on the other hand are built so good that servicing it is done every 2 years/300 dives instead of the 1 year with scubapro. the T2 line of ATOMIC is the measuring stick of the latest regs, but is very expensive $1200. but the B2 line is very much the favorite of recreational divers, $550. for a more comprehensive review visit rodale's scuba diving website. and for dealer location, visit atomicaquatics.com.

hi,
For me it's the best regulator I ever had when I purchased a MK25 g250 two yrs ago.
I had a 20% discount from lydia at White tip. But may I suggest you try to check out the prices at Scuba pro Puerto Galera. I think it's a little bit cheaper. Maybe you can haggle up to 25% discount. I bought some things there. And its a bit cheaper than in manila.

this is way out of my budget sir.

thanks for the info though.

Iris - Larry was off diving, I was on... uhh.. a business trip :wink: anyways just got back...

ocrmaster, Just one question you might want to ask Scubapro dealers/ service centers in PI. If you buy a SP computer or reg in HK, will it be covered under warranty in the PI or do you have to send it back to the shop in HK... Also on the reg, check to see if local PI shops will charge you more for servicing if they know your SP was bought overseas which can be the case in the US...

Back
Top Bottom