Question for the Pinoys... about Scuba Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys pls dont forget about my question...

should i got to Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand or Taiwan to purchase my Scuba Pro gear?

I feel that it is not fair that if you buy a dive computer from Uwatec in the United States
you get a free lifetime battery replacement. But non if you buy it outside U.S., and Canada.

the hong kong residents, pakman and larry (the purplehammerhead) are out diving. i'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as they can. :D

ocrmaster:

should i got to Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand or Taiwan to purchase my Scuba Pro gear?

I feel that it is not fair that if you buy a dive computer from Uwatec in the United States
you get a free lifetime battery replacement. But non if you buy it outside U.S., and Canada.

I don't own a Uwatec, but the other computers I've had used standard stock lithium batteries that were pretty easy to replace myself. I don't know why the Mfg/Dealers make such a big deal out of the user changing their own battery.. probably because of warrenty issues. The first battery will likely outlast your warrenty anyway, so I'd just change the battery yourself.

-Kyle

call ellen at diverspoint (san juan) and/or gordon at scubastop (makati)... last i heard gordon was selling all scubapro stuff at like 25% or 30% off (can't remember)... it might still be ongoing so you better check

aquaventure probably sells it expensive as dealer protection

Jag

ocrmaster:

If you want it cheap get it in Hong Kong. All the other places will be more expensive.

Axua:
If you want it cheap get it in Hong Kong. All the other places will be more expensive.

can you please give me suggestion on scuba pro dive shops in hong kong that
carries warranty?

ocrmaster:
can you please give me suggestion on scuba pro dive shops in hong kong that
carries warranty?

where do you plan on diving? If you stay here in the Philippines I strongly suggest that you get in touch with Divers Point (Ellen Chua) and get a quote from her of the stuff you need. The price difference is probably not that significant for you to spend money on a trip to Hong Kong to buy it. Scubapro has an office in Hong Kong but I don't think they sell it cheaper than anyone.

going to hong kong for holy week. kill two birds with one stone Axua.

I already called Ellen Chua.

I got a better price from scuba stop.

I already got a couple of pointers from Hong Kong Based divers where to go.

I just want more options.

goodluck with your purchase then. Scubapro is a good regulator brand and I believe so much in the brand that I recently sold all my rental regulator set and bought scubapro MK2's.

I'm also in the same situation...

I'm shopping for my first gear and I'm leaning towards Scubapro MK25 / S550 Reg or an Aqua lung Legend supreme. The SP is a piston type while the AL is diaphragm type.

If I bring my 1st stage for tuning in the Phil for the Scuba Pro - will they be looking for warranty cards or product registrations? Or can I just pay them straight up to service them?

~ons

ps. talagang litong lito na ko

Back
Top Bottom