Question for Zeagle BC Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhite6 - Yea, Scott said he would make me a custom model with the rip cord system where i needed it

Thal and dbulmer - That is something I can look into to see how it feels and works - Thanks

GrandpaScuba - I appreciate the feedback. The thing with the rip cord Im finding out is that YES you can use the left or right hand to deploy it, however, whichever BC I decide I want to get that will work best, Zeagle said they would customize the BC and relocate the rip cord handle on either side of the BC that would suit me best. Thank you

Thanks all for the answers

cwhite6 - Yea, Scott said he would make me a custom model with the rip cord system where i needed it

I saw that. I put the link up there but I did not know if you looked at the Brigade yet since it is apparently a Scubatoys exclusive.

I love my Zeagle. I have the Rip Cord and find it to be an extremely easy mechanical way of releasing your front integrated weights. It's also a breeze to restring.

Good luck and have fun!

i have a Zeagle Stiletto and i LOVE it. im 6'7, 183 lbs and the 35 lbs of lift it offers with my weighting ( 20 lbs ) is more than enough. i have used the ripcord system in practice at about 10 feet doing a generic CESA. the ripcord controls my two front pockets where i have a 5lb shot bag on the left and a 5lb bag on the right. I store 10 on the back in two trim pockets ( also 5lbs each.. duh ) dropping the 10 in the front surprisingly didnt shoot me to the surface as i had suspected it would. the cord came out easily enough and i think you would be more than capable to activate it. HOWEVER- the trim pockets with the tri-fold velcro are EXCEEDINGLY hard to pull with gloves on ( or off for that matter ) and take tons of force.

the re-stitching of the stupid cord thing was obnoxious to figure out, but once you get the hang of it only takes about 20 minutes to do.

best of luck

The Zeagle Stilleto, Ranger, or Tech would be great, depending on the size of bladder you want. Scott is great and will help you out completely.
And my messed up knees and rebuilt ankles love the Force Fins. Anything else is painful to dive. Good luck.

As I have said, I've owned a Stiletto, and never needed to ditch my weights. (in fact, never ditched weight in over 35 years of diving) It was nice to know I could do it easily with the ripcord. The other nice thing about the ripcord system is it is impossible to lose the weights unintentionally.
As for the trim pockets. AFAIK Zeagle is the only manufacturer who makes ditchable trim pockets. I however can't conceive of the need to ditch trim weight. I found the location of the Zeagle trim pockets too low anyway. I threaded trim weight pockets on the upper cam strap of my Stiletto. I stored a DSMB in one trim pocket and a folding snorkel in the other. I added a d-ring for a reel (the folks at Zeagle offered to do it for me, but I managed).

i have a Zeagle Stiletto and i LOVE it. im 6'7, 183 lbs and the 35 lbs of lift it offers with my weighting ( 20 lbs ) is more than enough. i have used the ripcord system in practice at about 10 feet doing a generic CESA. the ripcord controls my two front pockets where i have a 5lb shot bag on the left and a 5lb bag on the right. I store 10 on the back in two trim pockets ( also 5lbs each.. duh ) dropping the 10 in the front surprisingly didnt shoot me to the surface as i had suspected it would. the cord came out easily enough and i think you would be more than capable to activate it. HOWEVER- the trim pockets with the tri-fold velcro are EXCEEDINGLY hard to pull with gloves on ( or off for that matter ) and take tons of force.

the re-stitching of the stupid cord thing was obnoxious to figure out, but once you get the hang of it only takes about 20 minutes to do.

best of luck

As a current Airborne Infantryman with deployments as well, I am glad to see you are getting back into diving. I have the Zeagle Brigade. The rip cord is on the left side of the BC (when your wearing it) and is sopposed to be pulled with your right hand. However, you could pretty simply pull the cord with the left. I LOVE this BC and will not go to another brand of BC's. From what I understand the only difference of brigade and ranger models are the size of the bladder. Do not quote me on this, just what I was informed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom