Question for Zeagle BC Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I never dumped the weights. Don't worry about rethreading if you ever do, chances are if you ever have to do it, you'll probably be done divng for the day.

That's a good point about the weights lol.

And I am going to have to see, feel, compare in person, and test the differences between the Stiletto to get a good feeling for exactly which one is going to work best.

Oh, I never dumped the weights. Don't worry about rethreading if you ever do, chances are if you ever have to do it, you'll probably be done divng for the day.

Or else you work at my LDS where they like to "haze" the new guys and constantly are pulling each others weights out while gearing up. (completely out of sight of students of course.)

I was not the least bit surprised by Scottzeagles comments.
Its funny, but he does this so frequently that we kind of overlook the beauty of his attitude and just how special it really is. However, it should be pointed out that Scott is not the exception at Zeagle: they are all great people and I am glad to count them as friends. Dennis, the owner is an Eagle Scout and continues to "Do a Good Turn Daily" well into his adult life. You just can't go wrong with great people putting out a great product. Zeagle Rocks!

Ok Im going to cut through all the thread as I really dont have time to read all the responses. If I double post something already said then I apologize in advance. The Zeagle Ranger ltd I have has been an astronomical in its durabilty. as far as the rip cord system is concerned it is not difficult to pull with your left hand too. Though this is not one of the funnest things to do is rethread the system its very simple to operate as well.

Zeagle is about as close as I personally know of any other gear to being the perfect set up. The ranger is a cross between a BCD and BPW (though this has become a huge debate in itself)

You cant go wrong with a zeagle though and Scott Zeagle who is the rep on here is a great source of information on their products.

That's what I'm finding out k Ellis.

And I look forward to working with them on my custom BC

USVet,
You seem to be interested in the Zeagle solution so I wish you luck with that. I do however have another suggestion.

http://tridentdive.com/weights.pdf

The WB33 (which is what I use) or WB45 which a poster called Thalassamania recommends both seem to be suitable for use with the left hand. Thalassamania would recommend the WB45 over the WB33 because the rubber belt would be easier for you to don and to take off and it would not need any adjustment for suit compression. I am happy with the WB33 but I agree with Thal that the WB45 would be better for you.

Both these belts could be used with other equipment as your diving progresses.

Just a suggestion you might want to consider.

Just to be clear, I use both the WB33 (bottom, for California style wet suit diving) and the WB45 (top, for suits with less shift, like here in Hawaii). Both are excellent solutions for one handed manipulation. I suggest the WB33 because you will not have to tighten in during the dive, but that's possible, one handed, with the WB45.

belts.JPG

You may want to look at this one and see if Scott would make you a special one. It is billed as having the harness and size of the ranger with the smaller bladder. Looks interesting.

Zeagle Brigade BCD discounts on sale Zeagle

I've read some of the replies. Everyone seems to want to give you a big long answer. So here's the short answer to your original question. The Zeagle rip-cord does release all the weights, except trim weights, with a single pull of the cord. The cord is usually located on the left. I believe they intend for you to reach across with your right hand and pull the handle. But I don't have any problem reaching back with my left hand to pull it. Also, Zeagle is very accomdating about custom orders. If you contact them, they may be able to move the release to the other side, if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom