Question on Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooora! to SEI. If you have any issues with that cert. it souldn't be too much trouble to find an independant Instructor that will cross you over to a larger and more reccognized agency.

Also, send a note to PADI headquaters in So. California and tell them about that shop. They might be interested in finding out that someone accociated with them is trying to screw our service members.

Well, I don't try and give the impression that what I did for my training makes me better than the next diver. I would say that my training was a lot longer, and a little more intense at times. I honestly feel that I can learn from any diver, it's just up to me to ask the question. The Tech guys and gals are doing stuff that is way beyond my skill level, so my hat is off to them.
That particular store (chain store common in So Cal that offers Certification and Dive gear) has never seen me, my family, or my money again. I even went so far as to purchase an item at a different place, even though it was more expensive, rather than give my money to them.

You quickly learn that even though you are more than qualifed, some people are so used to one particular Certification Agency or another, that it becomes engrained in their belief that only Divers who hold that C-Card are good enough to dive. You and I know that is simply not true. A good diver, who is certifed and stays within his skill level, is a Diver who can dive.

It's like my Mother told me one time; "Ever notice how there are more horse's asses in this world than horses?"

In the grand scheme of things, it worked out for me;helped other Military Divers who read this Board; and made it possible for me to meet great people who were (and are) willing to help.

Thanks again for the support!

A thanks to all on the info. I can/will pass it on to a friend who is recently out of the Navy as a diver and is looking ro do rec diving.

To the OP thanks for your service.
John

Just as an aside and follow up. I received Mark's paperwork on Monday and faxed in the necessary info on Tuesday. I expect to have his card in hand by Tuesday the 9th at the latest. At which time I have a priority mail envelope addressed and ready to send. And to answer the liability questions, yes I am keeping everything on file as I do with any student.

Jim,
Thanks again for all your assistance in this. I really appreciate all you've done, and that SEI will allow Military Divers to be Certifed. Keep me posted if you ever head to Monterey Cal, as I can get there in about a day. I am headed down to So Cal for MK16 dives this month and next, so a "fun" dive will have to wait.
On the same vein, a Big Thank You to all who answered this Post, and I hope all your dives are safe.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom