Question on Elite T3's log display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fnfalman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I finally dove with my recently purchased Elite T3 and the thing worked great. Easy to read (not as easy as the Sherwood Wisdom II but then the Sherwood is like three times the size of the T3), never gotten any signal losses during both dives and they were all in excess of 90-ft. I'm pretty happy with the computer so far, except for accessing the log.

Okay, I don't think that I did it wrong, but there are no readouts for end-of-dive pressure readings? The computer displays time of the day that I went down and of course bottom time, but it also doesn't show time up? Not a biggie since I know what time I went down and how long the dive was, I can calculate out what time I surfaced. But no end-of-dive pressure?

I'm sure that if I were to plug the dive comp into my laptop and download the info, it would be there...right? But it would have been so nice to have everything displayed right there on the dive comp.

Start_time + bottom_time is not always equal to time_up

(At least not on some of the other models, and I'd assume the same for the T3)

This is because if you surface and then descend again in less than 10 minutes, the "2nd dive"
is considered to be a continuation of the first dive.

So for example, lets say you did a 20 minute dive then surfaced to look around
but stayed on the surface for 5 minutes then dove down again.
20 minutes later you surfaced and exited the water.

The bottom time would be 40 minutes but 45 minutes of time elapsed
from when the dive started to when you finally exited.
The calculated time_up would be off by the 5 minutes of surface time.

Normally, its not an issue, but just something to keep in mind.

--- bill

Yes, start pressure and end pressure are both available on the "Dive" log page on the PC after downloading the dive data. Keep in mind that both may be different than what you think they are - the dive starts and ends at 5', so air used prior to that at the beginning (on the boat, on the surface) and after that at the end of the dive won't be part of your "dive air". Time in and time out are also shown.

Back
Top Bottom