Question on Form - How many logged dives since certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who are these people these so called scuba police?
You know, the ones that enforce all the mandatory scuba rules and stuff.

OMMOHY

You know, the ones that enforce all the mandatory scuba rules and stuff.

OMMOHY

Never met one in person. They must be a figment of someone's imagination. lol

I can figure out the approximate number of dives I have, and I don't think anyone would care if it's 600 dives or 700. Virtually none of them are logged if you mean with a physical log book or computer program, but I consider any dive I have done as "logged".

When I got my SDI Solo card, I think the requirement was to have >100 dives. I don't have a paper logbook, my computer was relatively new and didn't have that many dives on it, and for some reason, I couldn't get Subsurface to load on my phone.

When the instructor asked to see proof of dives, I told him that once we splashed in, he would know within 2 minutes if I had sufficient experience. . .

I don’t really download dives from Perdix anymore unless I want to see something specific. I do keep a notebook where I make occasional dive notes for stuff regarding weighting or gear changes.
Curious, why not?

As it's Bluetooth, it's really trivial to use the phone and pull down the dives to the Shearwater Cloud program and then it's synced with all my devices - phone, tablet and computers.

I've never been that bothered about logging dives except from the computers. I tend to fill in the form with the dive location and some scant info about the dive.

Other people love writing great missives about their dive including photos; I just dive.

OMG - don't overthink it - just write how many dives - and of course it doesn't say anything about PADI because there are other agencies other than PADI - they just want to know your experience level - I can't believe there are 5 pages in response.

When I owned my shop on the island, my form also said "How many logged dives?" Whether you physically wrote them down or not does not change the fact that you logged the hours - just answer it honestly.

For future reference:
Logged dives = How many times have you donned your gear and entered the water on SCUBA for at least 20 minutes or more in water too deep to stand in. And pool dives don't really count, even though weekend warrior instructors like to log those so they can pad their numbers

For future reference:
Logged dives = How many times have you donned your gear and entered the water on SCUBA for at least 20 minutes or more in water too deep to stand in.
Agree! That was my thinking in Post #11.

OMG - don't overthink it - just write how many dives - and of course it doesn't say anything about PADI because there are other agencies other than PADI - they just want to know your experience level - I can't believe there are 5 pages in response.
What she said. All they are looking for is general information to guide them on how much support you might need in order for you to have an enjoyable experience and to not put you into a situation that might be hazardous for you and a liability for them. They wouldn't want their DM to find out when their boat gets to Maracaibo that you only have a handful of dives. The exact number of dives you have and whether you recorded information about them is not relevant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom