Question on new Aeris A2 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nadenal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am beginner diver and just got my first regulator. It is an Aeris A2. While I was getting used to it in my pool I noticed that after I inhaled that I was getting a steady stream of bubbles coming out of my mask. No water was flooding my mask so I know the seal was good. If I exhale a little at this time it would stop. If I take the reg out of my mouth it would be freeflowing. My octo of the same make and model does the same thing. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Or, is this just because it is an entry level regulator? Should I send them back? Any advice is appreciated. I do not want to get down to depth and only discover then that this is a real issue.

Thanks,
Mike

I am beginner diver and just got my first regulator. It is an Aeris A2. While I was getting used to it in my pool I noticed that after I inhaled that I was getting a steady stream of bubbles coming out of my mask. No water was flooding my mask so I know the seal was good. If I exhale a little at this time it would stop. If I take the reg out of my mouth it would be freeflowing. My octo of the same make and model does the same thing. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Or, is this just because it is an entry level regulator? Should I send them back? Any advice is appreciated. I do not want to get down to depth and only discover then that this is a real issue.

Thanks,
Mike

When you say bubbles were coming out of your mask, I assume you meant to to say regulator second stage, so I'm answering on that assumption...

It sounds like your regulator needs tuning. There are a number of possible causes, which could be related either to the first stage or the second stages. Did you buy it online or from a dive shop? If the latter, take it back and explain the problem - they should set it up properly so it doesn't free-flow. If you bought it online, you'll need to get a technician (or someone with a good working knowledge of regulators) to have a look at it for you. Your second stage should only supply air when you breathe in.

When you say bubbles were coming out of your mask, I assume you meant to to say regulator second stage, so I'm answering on that assumption...

Air was coming out my nose and into my mask due to the freeflowing that happened while in my mouth. That said I will have my dive shop take a look.

Thanks for your advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom