Question on scubapro classic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jose18

Registered
Reaction score
Hello just wanted to ask if anyone knows of a scubapro classic bcd that doesn't have weight integration that was released after year 2004? Im looking to buy a used one its a three hour drive from me so wanted to ask if its worth it for $180 any comments on the performance would be appreciated, or links to reviews and pictures. thank you.

yes they make em, its your typical jacket style and the air bladder goes through the shoulders. they are very common for rental fleets,because there cheap and durable and keep the diver virtical on the surface.

As for an opinion, there are alot of better bc's out there. The majority of divers like adjustable shoulder straps and an air bladder thats back mounted.

scubapro web site will have pictures, the style has not changed much

But of course its up to you.

JUMBO

The Classic Plus has weight integration. The Classic Sport does not. IMO, there is no better BC than the Classic Sport. The Classic Plus is not, IMO, a very good BC.

I have a SP BC that might be an old classic w/out weight integration. I paid $50 for it from a friend. For certain mine is older than 2004. It works fine as far as a jacket BC goes, but if you're spending $180 you might do better to look for a used zeagle scout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom