Questions About Apek TX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maresreg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im thinking about purchasing these Regulators and have a question Re plugging the Primary HP port with the 1/2 inch plug . i was told by a friend that i dont want to do that because it will breathe funny at depth and that i should a) get either an adapter for my long hose(which) i thought is a faliure point??? or am i wrong? or b) buy a half inch hose which isnt a universal hose. is this true? do these reg come as din?

Maresreg:
Im thinking about purchasing these Regulators and have a question Re plugging the Primary HP port with the 1/2 inch plug . i was told by a friend that i dont want to do that because it will breathe funny at depth and that i should a) get either an adapter for my long hose(which) i thought is a faliure point??? or am i wrong? or b) buy a half inch hose which isnt a universal hose. is this true? do these reg come as din?

The regs do come in DIN. I have not found that the regs breath funny at all with the 1/2" plug.

Dive industry "secret" - most hoses with 1/2" plugs have the same internal diameter as the hoses with 3/8" plugs. Some manufacturer hoses DO have a larger internal diameter, but you can bet anything bought aftermarket (like say, a 7 foot hose) will have an ordinary ID.

I've had no "hard breathing" complaints from my 7' hose on an ATX200 fitted to a 3/8" port. Reg has an IP of 135psi.

Best course of action (IMO) - pick the hose routing most suited to your setup, and get the required size hose for the port. Put a spare 1/2" plug and 1-2"-3/8" adapter in your save a dive kit. Regularly inspect your hoses. Replace as needed in several years time.

I have a set of ATX200's with a 1/2" port plug. I have not noticed any difficulty breathing what-so-ever. Hose routing can be a frustration however.

The adapter, while technically a failure point, must not bother the DIR guys too much. Heck, the guys at Extreme Exposure put them on my two ATX200 hoses when I stopped by High Springs to buy long hoses. I questioned them on the point, and they didn't seem concerned.

Jim

GoBlue!:
The adapter, while technically a failure point, must not bother the DIR guys too much. Heck, the guys at Extreme Exposure put them on my two ATX200 hoses when I stopped by High Springs to buy long hoses. I questioned them on the point, and they didn't seem concerned.

Jim

Interesting. I would have thought EE would go for the "if its not required don't use it" approach. I purchased the adapters and decided I didn't like the extra failure point / extra pointless O rings so I went with the port plugs.

Atticus,
How many do i need to purchase? i will be getting 2 regs? do i need jut 2 or should i buy 4? Do you block just the primary port and use the secondary or do you block both and hook the long hose up in one of the lp ports?i think i read to use a lp port?is that right?
Atticus:
Interesting. I would have thought EE would go for the "if its not required don't use it" approach. I purchased the adapters and decided I didn't like the extra failure point / extra pointless O rings so I went with the port plugs.

Maresreg:
Atticus,
How many do i need to purchase? i will be getting 2 regs? do i need jut 2 or should i buy 4? Do you block just the primary port and use the secondary or do you block both and hook the long hose up in one of the lp ports?i think i read to use a lp port?is that right?

On my ATX200 doubles setup I have a single port plug on my right post reg. I use the stock hose on the left post for the necklace reg. I would purchase at least two of the port plugs so you have a spare to through in your save-a-dive kit.

The only frustration I have is that the bends in the hoses are a bit much. I may insert a hose protector with the caviat of having to then carefully wash & inspect underneath it after every trip.

If this doesn't answer your question please let me know and I'll post some pictures and/or a more detailed description.

I have been using twin ATX200s for all my tek diving for some time with the "large" port on the right post plugged and a standard long hose. No problems of any kind and having it configured that way lets the hoses route very nicely around E8 130s.

~Marlinspike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom