Questions about Buddy Dive in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are staying there in a couple weeks. Has anyone stayed in their studio apartment? Was the kitchen well equipped? Do they provide a hair dryer and an iron?

Thanks,
WW

My wife and I are staying there in a couple weeks. Has anyone stayed in their studio apartment? Was the kitchen well equipped? Do they provide a hair dryer and an iron?

Thanks,
WW

Hi WW, You will not find a hair dryer or iron at Buddys but the kitchen is adequate, micro wave, coffee maker etc. Enjoy your stay there!

Thanks flatwood. I can't wait. Now I just have to stop the wife from packing everything but the kitchen sink.

Ha Ha, I always bring too much. Buddys is very casual and you don't need anything formal on the Island.

Hey Waterwolf your hair dryer and iron will run alittle hot as they have 50hz.instead of 60hz.as we know it.Have a good time and there has sightings of Manara in Nov.

Oh yea, I forgot all about the electricity. Has anyone ever had problems with charging camera batteries etc. at Buddy Dive? My last trip to Bonaire I stayed at the Carib Inn and they have transformers so everything was fine.

Thanks,
WW

I didn't have any problems charging my AA's but I thought that it took longer to charge them there than at home.

I charged batteries just fine for a camcorder and camera. We had the kitchen rooms and it was great! Have fun!! The house reef is spectacular.

Miranda

I've never stayed in a 1-BR apartment, but the 2-BR Lion's Den side, 2-BR Buddy Side, and 3-BR Buddy side kitchens had everything we needed with the exception of a corkscrew.

The rooms do not have hair dryers or irons nor did we miss them.

To be on the safe side I always carry a small surge protector for chargers and laptop.

As Miranda mentioned, Buddy's Reef is great, not to mention the convenience of steps and the close proximity to after-dive-Brights. We did 11 dives there our last trip, for a total of 22 so far, and each dive was a new experience. Current allowing, mid afternoon by my log, be sure to dive Buddy's toward the south.

I was at buddys in 2006. We stayed in a 3 BR and the kitchen was good. As others have said bring a good surge protector and you will be fine. I had my battery chargers and my laptop and had no issues charging them. Batteries do seem to take a bit longer and everything will run a but hotter, but I had no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom