Questions about wide angle lens for reefmaster mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am planning on buying the sealife reefmater mini and wanted to add the mini wide angle lens. The dive shop told me that I needed to buy another external flash to add to the camera because the wide angle lens got in the way of the internal flash, which adds a good amount extra to the price. Do I really need to add another flash if I want the wide angle lens? I am not really into deep diving and I am not looking to take pictures to put into a magazine. I only want good quality pictures for myself and friends. What should I do. Also, is the wide angle lens really worth the money, or should I just leave the camera alone and use it the way it is?:14:

:hmmm: Maybe so. Reduced light is a big challenge underwater, and while the Reefmaster Mini is shown on the Sealife site without an External flash, it does look like the lens could block the flash.

RM_WideAngle.gif

I don't have either the Mini or a Wide lens so wait for replies from those who do. It's a popular seller so it shouldn't be too long. BTW, you do understand that the regular SL Wide angle lens will not work on the mini, and the Mini wide angle lens will not fit on a lens dock under the External flash tray? You either leave it on, or maybe carry it in the included neoprene lens covers, storage case, and safety lanyard.

He give you a price on the Pro set with Mini Wide angle lens?

Normally I'd tell a shop they had to match Leisure Pro's price on the Pro set with Flash link: $385 with 1 Gb SD card SeaLife SL325 ReefMaster Mini Pro Set from LeisurePro.com

But here is a site offering the Pro set for $296 :11: Shop at BOOMj.com even tho it does not seem to include the Flash Link.

Flashlink for $30: Great deal on REEFMASTER FLASH LINK from Divers-Supply.com

Here is the Mini WA lens for $58: SL973, SEALIFE SL973 MINI WIDE ANGLE LENS FOR SL320 AND SL321 ONLY

This is my preference for a Smart charger for the strobe batteires or your camera: $15 - MAHA 204GT AA - AAA SMART BATTERY CHARGERIncludes AC Adapt..

With 8 rechargeable 2700 mAh batteries and case: $25 - MAHA POWEREX 2700 mAh AA8 NiMH Rechargeable Batteries1 Fre.. combine freight with the charger

That'd get you well set up I think for a little $425 plus shipping - just add Insurance. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom