quick (angry) report on my 1s days with my new S95 and Patima housing in ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My 1st time usewith my Patima housing got water thru the buttons at my 1st dive, I was like“what the f#% is this piece of crap”, didn’t get flooded but few drops withinthe housing, even on the inside lens. So between the 2 dives I cleaned it andcuriously nothing more came in afterwards, mystery of physics. Let’s wait andsee after a certain number of dives.
Concerning the S95, also 1st time use, after 6 dives with it I have toadmit that compare to my old Nikon P5100 that I sold last summer with it’sikelite housing, I am deeply disappointed, doesn’t even come close to my oldmodel question of qualit)y (perhapsjust a bit), I know I am still at thebeginning with it but the results are just “good to ok” for this compactcamera, was waiting for a serious jump in technology, that’s just my opinion.The zooming on the pix at the viewing is a disaster, still my own opinion. Ishoot in jpeg for the info.
So it’s simple, after my trip, it’s back to Nikon coolpixor whatever else it will be called, and I’ll keep the S95 as a back up, andwill probably sell he patima housing to the canon one.
Voila !

Can absolutely recomend the Nikon P7100. (I have the P7000) with a Fantasea housing. (Just mind the opening knob...)
Pcquality is quite good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom