Quick, Halcyon or SeaElite Manifold

Which manifold?

• Halcyon

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Sea Elite 300 BAR

Votes: 26 83.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPEEDSTER

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? Halcyon or Sea Elite? I know there has been some discussion, but a quick poll would be great. Thanks for the input.

Mike

Just bought the 300 bar version from eBay - Diver's Supply sell on eBay, and I picked it up for $135 shipped. Halcyon is $250 + shipping! The knobs are Sherwood rubber knobs - identical to the Halcyon knobs, and different to the ones shown in the picture on Diver's Supply's website.

The knobs also only take 1 1/8 of a turn to turn either fully on or off.

They are the EXACT same manifold....

Like asking would you like to buy the Porche for 8,000 or 80,000.... hmmm...

ooh... ooh...

Ah.. mmmm....

I have both... and they look identical... SeaElite turns off and on quicker...

I like what I paid for the SeaElite better but I like both manifolds the same.

They are the exact same manifold. Halcyon just has the H or Halcyon stamped on it. With the Halcyon you're paying more just for the name.

The Pirate :pirate:

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
ooh... ooh...

Ah.. mmmm....

I have both... and they look identical... SeaElite turns off and on quicker...

I like what I paid for the SeaElite better but I like both manifolds the same.
They look the same, but the Sea Elite turns on and off quicker...for my money definitely go with the sea elite..

I am checking UPS like every 10 minutes for an update on my Sea Elite 300 bar and HM bands shipment. They're supposed to arrive at my office today. From my pre-purchase research. I gleaned that the Sea Elite and Halcyon were comparable in all but price.

And you better not be the guy who bid them up last week on E-Bay. Screwed up my sniping something fierce. :p

O-ring once bubbled...
They look the same, but the Sea Elite turns on and off quicker...for my money definitely go with the sea elite..
They turn on and off the same -- if you get the same "age" stock. If there was any doubt left in anyone's mind about SeaElite being the same as Halcyon, the fact that Halcyon started advertising their 1.5 turn on/off about less than a month before Diver's Supply started advertising their 1.5 turn on/off SeaElite, it should be settled now.

Roak

roakey once bubbled...

They turn on and off the same -- if you get the same "age" stock. If there was any doubt left in anyone's mind about SeaElite being the same as Halcyon, the fact that Halcyon started advertising their 1.5 turn on/off about less than a month before Diver's Supply started advertising their 1.5 turn on/off SeaElite, it should be settled now.

Roak
I'll take your word for it...my Halcyon and Sea Elite were purchased a few months apart (Halcyon first) and the Sea Elite turns off quicker..

I have a Sea Elite, Dive Rite and early Halcyon.... they all are the same basic unit. The finish is a little different on all of them.

My thermo's are a hell of lot different.

omar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom