Quick, Halcyon or SeaElite Manifold

Which manifold?

• Halcyon

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Sea Elite 300 BAR

Votes: 26 83.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks for all the quick replies, the poll pretty much went the way I had expected it to. Based on everyone's response (and some homework) I went with the Sea Elite. I actually called Divers-supply and asked if they would swap out the 200 bar they have on eBay for a 300, the guy said no problem, in fact don't bother bidding, I'll sell it to you right now for $130 plus $6.95 s+h, the same thing as on eBay!! Yippee. Now I get to play the waiting game until the new wing and manifold show up, I hate this part.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

-Mike

oh, by the way, no, I'm not the one that bid them up last week, I can't stand it when people that do that.:bonk:

omar once bubbled...
I have a Sea Elite, Dive Rite and early Halcyon.... they all are the same basic unit. The finish is a little different on all of them.

My thermo's are a hell of lot different.

omar

I have a Thermo, but have not seen the Sea Elite. What do you think comparing the two?

MD

The Sea Elite/Dive Rite/Halcyon have exposed burst disk plugs on the back of the valve body. The thermo’s are recessed. This is done by adding extra material on the back of the thermo and making a recesseed hole that the head of the plug sits in.

The neck of the thermo is about an inch taller than the Sea Elite/Dive Rite/Halcyon which would actually help during valve shutdowns.

The finish work is a lot different as well.

omar once bubbled...
The Sea Elite/Dive Rite/Halcyon have exposed burst disk plugs on the back of the valve body. The thermo’s are recessed. This is done by adding extra material on the back of the thermo and making a recesseed hole that the head of the plug sits in.

The neck of the thermo is about an inch taller than the Sea Elite/Dive Rite/Halcyon which would actually help during valve shutdowns.

The finish work is a lot different as well.

you are correct sir!!

I find that I can shut my valves down a little quicker on my thermos manifold! A tad slower on the diverite.. Mabey a few seconds differance!:wink:

Len

My Sea Elite from 2 + years ago turn on/off in 1 & 1/2 turns. Dive Rite new stock from this summer was almost 3 turns. Sea Elite from August of this year was 1 & 1/8 turns.

Dave D

They are made by the same manufacturer, but Halcyon has higher quality standards from the manufacturer. If I shortly explain what I mean. When doing the inspection test, there is some allowance for roughness or unfinished edges etc. Halcyon will not allow those. However performance should be very similar.

I got the Halcyon metric M25 300 bar with no burst disks

Put your drysuit on. DIR REC DIVER is posting. Matter of fact I think its getting so bad that I'll go out an buy a FFM so I can protect my face from the splatter.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom