Quick question about hose connected dive computer and wireless tank transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jetracer

Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to find a hose connected dive computer that will simultaneously work with a wireless tank transmitter (monitoring two tanks), is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks!

Well there are no computers that hook directly to a hose that I am aware of.

There are SPG (submersible pressure gauges) that go in consoles that also have a computer in them.

There are SPG (submersible pressure gauges) that go in consoles that also have a computer in them.

Oh may be I was not too clear on what I am looking for.

I am looking for a dive computer like the Suunto Cobra 3 (Suunto Cobra3 Black - Suunto) ,

or an Atomic Cobalt (Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer - Simply Brilliant) that will also work with a wireless tank transmitter to display tank pressure of both tanks at the same time or able to switch between the two.

What I am trying to do is to find a hose connected dive computer ( I like them for being non-wrist mounted and their big display) that will also monitor a wireless tank transmitter attached to my pony tank.

Just a thought......

Thanks!

Last edited:

There are several, Atomic, Sherwood, Oceanic, Aeris and Suunto.

There are several, Atomic, Sherwood, Oceanic, Aeris and Suunto.

Apparently I was proven wrong. 2 year ago when I was actually looking for computers, and most of the pics I have seen are computers in consoles with SPG's. I had not replied so I would not run up posts that are dealing directly with the OP's question.

To the OP as far as I'm aware there are no air integrated hose computers that can monitor transmitters. There are, however wrist AI computers that can monitor several transmitters simultaneously.

To the OP as far as I'm aware there are no air integrated hose computers that can monitor transmitters. There are, however wrist AI computers that can monitor several transmitters simultaneously.

Yeah that's what I am finding out. I'm just thinking it will be cool to be able to do that but it is not that important to monitor the pony tank pressure in real time.

Thanks

I think this is one of the situations where KISS applies. By the time you have switched displays you could look at a SPG. Then you have to make sure the the display you are looking at is the right one.

But I am a little old school.

I think this is one of the situations where KISS applies. By the time you have switched displays you could look at a SPG. Then you have to make sure the the display you are looking at is the right one.

But I am a little old school.

Not sure what KISS (KISS rebreathers?) is but I see your point.

I have considered using a transitional SPG but that also means an additional hose/gauge dangling around (or clipped/bundled up) and that's something I'm trying to avoid especially setting up a pony tank is already adding more bulk and drag to my rig.

Thanks

Not sure what KISS (KISS rebreathers?) is but I see your point.

I have considered using a transitional SPG but that also means an additional hose/gauge dangling around (or clipped/bundled up) and that's something I'm trying to avoid especially setting up a pony tank is already adding more bulk and drag to my rig.

Thanks

KISS = "Keep it simple, stupid"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom