Quick question about the smaller airlines carry-on after Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Divers!

I read every thread throughout many pages, including all the "Philippine Invasion" ones.

I gained valuable information - so thank you all!

My question is this:

I read about no regs/octos on carry-on. I have not read anything about dive computers.

Are those still allowed on carry-ons, on the smaller Philippine airlines?

I am using Atlantis for the first 2 weeks, so I am assuming it will be Cebu Airlines between their two resorts?

I am leaving in 20 days, so any specifics on this would be much appreciative!

Thanks everyone!
GD

The authorities and airport decisions vary. I have written 2 emails to the officials, asking for précision, never got any answer. I never had an octopus onmy cary on but dive lamps and computors. Never add a problem. But again, nothing can be taken for granted in this country.

My 20yrs diving experience in Philippines
1. No regs allowed over last few yrs.
2. Light with cord could be tricky.
3. Computers, mask, torch etc etc are fine.
4. No tape eg. duct, masking.
5. For some unknown reasons International departure is more problematic.

A very comprehensive list can be found in Philippines Airlines web page regarding Baggage Information.

BTW, water could be on the cool side this time of the year.

Have a nice trip.

So which islands will you be flying too? Dumaguete and ? Puerto Galera? I just returned from the Philippines today. I flew Philippine airlines to Dumaguete and had my dive computer and all my batteries in my carry on---remember you are only allowed 7 kilos carry-on (15 pounds). Philippine airlines gives you 10 kilos free checked bags and you can purchase more weight when you buy your tickets on-line. Cebu Pacific will charge you for all your checked bags---you have a option on there web-site to go all-in when you purchase your ticket and it will include 20 kilos of checked baggage. They will weigh everything and you will have to pay for overweight luggage--checked or carry-on. No airport in Puerto Galera if you're staying there of course--bus or private ride to Batangas from Manila.

I shouldn't say you can't fly to Puerto Galera from Manila. There is a private seaplane service from Manila Bay that flies right into the bay at Puerto Galera---don't know the price but I assume it's steep!

I have about 12 flight out of Manila, Clark, Cebu and Dumaguette last 2 years. I never have any problem with 2 lights, 2 computers and 2 masks in carry on.

So which islands will you be flying too? Philippine airlines gives you 10 kilos free checked bags and you can purchase more weight when you buy your tickets on-line. Cebu Pacific will charge you for all your checked bags---you have a option on there web-site to go all-in when you purchase your ticket and it will include 20 kilos of checked baggage. They will weigh everything and you will have to pay for overweight luggage--checked or carry-on. No airport in Puerto Galera if you're staying there of course--bus or private ride to Batangas from Manila.

Unfortunately, Philippines airlines as of this year no longer allows 10 kg free checked baggage, and as of now it's impossible to add any baggage at all onto its economy supersaver flights at a later date. 20 kg. allowance on economy saver fares, which can be added to.

Hand carrying computers (and an A.I. transducer) is not now and never has been an issue. If it is or contains a lithium or other rechargeable battery, carry it on.

Unfortunately, Philippines airlines as of this year no longer allows 10 kg free checked baggage, and as of now it's impossible to add any baggage at all onto its economy supersaver flights at a later date. 20 kg. allowance on economy saver fares, which can be added to.

Hand carrying computers (and an A.I. transducer) is not now and never has been an issue. If it is or contains a lithium or other rechargeable battery, carry it on.
Yes that must be a recent development as I just flew them on Dec. 9th, 2017 with the free 10 kilos checked and added 5 more kilos online--my carry-on was one kilo overweight and charged like 250 pesos for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom