R Weezle's worth it..Burrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my weezles as they are "adjustable". If I am diving in 72 deg caves, I dive with more of a squeeze than if I am diving in 50 deg quarries.

TSandM,
Which suit are you considering? I'd really like to get some feedback on the BDM heavy duty zipper. Whether folks who own that suit feel the additional cost is worth it or not.
The Neo Z is certainly a lot of suit for the money and the medium zippers seem to hold up in rental suits. I'll ask my LDS but until I decide who I want to buy from for sure, I hate to "go there" just yet. Have you considered the Pinnacle 400 seeing as you like warmth? Do you think it would be too much buoyancy and too warm for PNW diving?

I didn't try the Weezles because I like to stay warm if my suit ever floods so it's thinsulate for me. I was also wary about any "extra material" clogging my exhaust valve. Keep Murphy at bay whenever possible!

I'm looking at the Pinnacle 200. I don't want the buoyancy issues of the 400. The shop has ordered a suit for me to be able to try on to see how close the stock size fits, and what the mobility is.

I can't imagine ANYTHING would be too warm for the PNW. I'm just hoping for a setup that consistent allows an hour-long dive without shivering!

Thanks. I'm doing the same thing next week. Talking with my LDS about the pros and cons of the 200 vs. the 400. I seem to be warm enough in the 200 (but then I've only been to 60ft. depth in that suit/undies) and I don't know that I can afford the thicker suit or want to deal with the buoyancy issues either.
If you've found a much lower than list price for your suit would you mind emailing me with the dealer, price or package you're looking at? I want to support my local shop but they are strictly a list price shop...:-( If you'd rather not, I understand. I'd also be interested in why you've decided on the D.C. over the DUI CF200 if you've tried both. How 'bout those electric battery driven heater vests? Our LDS owner dives one and likes it.

Ok, guess that's enough highjacking of the weezles thread (apologies to the original poster) but maybe we've turned him/her on to the D.C. undersuit if they haven't tried one yet!

Cheers, Jim T.

I dive a weezle extreme and love it (got the booties too). Much warmer than any other undersuit ive tried (thinsulates and so on) and if/when the suit leaks it does a superb job of keeping water away from the body. Most of the time you only notice its leaked when you take the drysuit off.

If someone stole my weezle tonight and i needed a new undersuit id immediately buy another weezle.

jim T.:
TSandM,
Which suit are you considering? I'd really like to get some feedback on the BDM heavy duty zipper. Whether folks who own that suit feel the additional cost is worth it or not.
The Neo Z is certainly a lot of suit for the money and the medium zippers seem to hold up in rental suits. I'll ask my LDS but until I decide who I want to buy from for sure, I hate to "go there" just yet. Have you considered the Pinnacle 400 seeing as you like warmth? Do you think it would be too much buoyancy and too warm for PNW diving?

I didn't try the Weezles because I like to stay warm if my suit ever floods so it's thinsulate for me. I was also wary about any "extra material" clogging my exhaust valve. Keep Murphy at bay whenever possible!
My wife and I both dive dry in Weezles, we have bot an extreme and compact and socks; we wouldn't dive anything else, recently bought their sleeping bag and it was perfect for a dive boat trip, can't wait until their new "underwear dive skins" are out

lost a neck seal and flooded in Lake Tahoe (cold water...) and hardly knew I was wet, stayed warm until I got out and peeled down

String and glcoley,
Thanks for your feedback on your Weezles. I have been misinformed apparently about the dryness of the undersuit under leaking/flooding conditions. I'll take another look at the Weezles for future reference.
Have either of you ever had any issues with the fabric's pile clogging your exhaust valves at all? Perhaps this suppoesed issue is like the bungied wings of death/urban myth/thing?

String, what water temperature range do you dive in, in Wales?
Jim T.

i use the weezles ,and find that in one of my suits [white's hazmat] the exaust valve is plugged while in the other [bare atr hd] it is not a problem...the fit of the bare is looser

jim T.:
String and glcoley,
Thanks for your feedback on your Weezles. I have been misinformed apparently about the dryness of the undersuit under leaking/flooding conditions. I'll take another look at the Weezles for future reference.
Have either of you ever had any issues with the fabric's pile clogging your exhaust valves at all? Perhaps this suppoesed issue is like the bungied wings of death/urban myth/thing?

String, what water temperature range do you dive in, in Wales?
Jim T.
never had a problem exhausting with several different brands of dry suit's, currently we have new USIA's with no problem, last year the manufacturer had indicated there was an issue in older versions of the weezle, but that the newer design and material of the last few years had corrected the issue; we dive the weezle compact down to about 50/55F and I dive the extreme down to 40F

I love my Weasle Extreme+. the local lakes I dive all seem to be +4C (38F) @ 40ft. my lips go numb LONG before I feel the cold through my suit. I can get in a full tank comfortably w/o Argon. using the weasle boot/socks too. WARM!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom